• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box hook up with either net cable

Hi from Greenwood BC...it just says no internet ...tried a couple cables just to make sure but still no internet..used wi fi but didn't want the frequency so close to me and my bedroom. Thought either cable would be easy...lol..nope.

Does your router's Ethernet port actually allow for internet access?
Because sometimes they don't, like if it was provided and owned by your ISP, or it needs to be reconfigured to allow wired Ethernet internet access.

I've got an H3C router here in my living room that was provided by the school I work for, and the Ethernet port on that doesn't provide internet access. I have WiFi only here. The Ethernet on this router is for the network admin only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi from Greenwood BC...it just says no internet ...tried a couple cables just to make sure but still no internet..used wi fi but didn't want the frequency so close to me and my bedroom. Thought either cable would be easy...lol..nope.
what's wrong with wifi frequency being close to you? my wifi router is in the room next to me and that is all i use for internet access.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones