1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

android tv box nott recognized

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Marneys, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Marneys

Marneys Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2016
    Female
    Hi, I'm new to the forum & XBMC/KODI in general, will try to give as much detail as possible.

Using our XBMC (QUAD CORE HD HP CAMERA Android TV Box Model: CS918S on the back it says OTT TV BOX 2GB RAM 16GB ROM) for months generally problem free on our Sony TV model: KDL-46EX500 (LCD i believe)

Got a new to us Samsung Plasma TV model: PN50A450PID so we wanted to see if the XBMC would work on it, no luck, just said "no signal" on any or all HDMI plug ins, ok so we give up....

Go to plug back into the SONY...Problem:

The box starts up goes through the initial "XBOC" rotating start screen then nothing!
    the TV gives a message: Unsupported Signal. Please check the device output.

I would assume something from the plasma tv messed up the movie box, have no idea how to reset the box, hope someone can help. My husband is very upset, home sick & looking forward to watching some of his favorite shows/movies.

What other info can i give?
    we are hooked up to Telus high speed internet & 25gb tv cable with wifi router.

Cheers,

Marneys

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Sounds like it needs a factory reset, but if you're not getting a display at all, that might be rather difficult to do. On the other hand it might be really duff, due to quality issues or bugs. These are only cheapo things. Check with the seller I think about getting it replaced, or if he can suggest anything else to try.

3. Marneys

Marneys Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2016
    Female
    thanks so much, appreciate your help,
    m

4. Gordon Francis

None

Jun 19, 2016
    Male
    Hi, Marneys, I had the same similar problem and I found that it wasn't my box or the TV for that matter it was a defaulty HDMI CABLE Please try to wiggle the cord or replace it all together with another cable to see if that works!