1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Android TV Box + Webcam

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by Himadri Basak, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Himadri Basak

Himadri Basak New Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Male
    Hello guys,

I am planning to buy an android tv box (most probably Beelink GT1) and I a going to attach Logitech C270 HD Webcam to it. After my online research I could find that this webcam is compatible with android.

My query is as follow:

Beelink GT1 comes with a 3 in 1 air mouse that means it has a mic for voice input. Logitech C270 HD Webcam also has an inbuilt mic. Since, I will be attaching the webcam on top of my television, it will be quite far from where I will be sitting and therefore its internal mic mostly will not perform well (at all).

Will it be possible to use the mic in the air mouse 3 in 1 remote for video chatting?

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Himadri Basak

Himadri Basak New Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Male
    Hello Guys... no answers!! No one here has an android tv box with air mouse and a webcam who can test this out. Please help.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Frankly I've never heard of any Android device or appliance supporting external webcams via USB. PCs do, because the manufacturers like Logitech make drivers for Windows, macOS, etc. We have had reports of people trying to use external USB webcams with Android devices, but AFAIK haven't been recognised and worked. Do you know if Logitech does actually make an Android driver or support app for this C270?

Android can work with cameras of course, but drivers for those are baked into the phone or tablet firmwares by the device manufacturers.

It does work with PC mice and keyboards though, either by USB or Bluetooth.

#3 mikedt, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Andrew Cole likes this.