1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android update caused more problems than it fixed!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tanguera, Aug 4, 2011.

1. tanguera

tanguera Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    I was loving my Droid X until Verizon had me run an "update" to fix a problem. Now, I have many unresolved problems and have had to do several hard resets. I have lost 3 days over this stupid update!

1) I have been using CompanionLink / DejaOffice for almost a year now and very happy with how it syncs with Outlook. My Outlook categories were appearing alphabetically in my Android groups. NOW - AFTER THE UPDATE.... the order is completely random. Neither Motorola nor Companionlink has answers.[​IMG] But it happened immediately after the update without doing any sync or anything else with Companionlink.

2) Now Favorites is broken. My sync'd contacts cannot be selected as a favorite. WHen I select one a random name shows up under favorites and then no others can be selected. Deleting this random name does not solve the problem. Only contacts entered directly into the Droid can be selected as a favorite. This is not practical with almost 700 contacts.

3) Looks like Google had the brilliant idea to change the display for "Settings" and "Android Contacts". It used to be beautiful and easy to read with white text on a black background. Now it's black text on a bright white background and very annoying to read. They also took away the "green phone" icon in contacts that allowed you to dial with one click. Now you have to open the contact and dial from there. Very disappointing!!!

This is all very disappointing... I hope there will be some fixes coming soon.

Version Information:
    Model: Motorola Droid X
    Sync: Outlook 2007
    System Version: 4.5.596.MB810.Verizon.en.US
    Android Version: 2.3.3
    Build Number: 4.5.1_57_DX5-26

Advertisement

2. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Id be willing to bet that outlook is the issue not android.