• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Update Removed Features?

tomundrwd

Lurker
Apr 30, 2016
Before I continue, I am using a OnePlus One.
Anyway, although I am relatively satisfied with most of the features added in the Marshmallow update, I am quite annoyed that two features have either been removed or temporarily disabled. Neither features are extremely important but they are nice to have and made me enjoy the OS more.

The first feature is simple- when you type in your PIN it will automatically unlock when you complete it, instead of having the press the 'confirm' tick. Before there was simply an option you could enable in the 'Lock Screen' section of settings but now it has seemed to disappear or be moved. Does anybody know how to re-enable this without rooting or third party applications?

The second feature is effects or transitions when you scroll between pages on your home screen. To enable it, you would have to hold down on a part of the screen for about a second then press the 'settings' button that appears at the bottom right side of the screen. After that you would simply find the transition button (I forget what it was exactly called) and change it to whatever you feel. Some effects are a rotating cube, twirling apps etc. I have searched everywhere, even in the 'Developer Options' section of settings with no luck. Does anybody know how to get this back without rooting or third party applications?

Thank you very much in advance, any help will be much appreciated.

1) actually is a sensible security update... which makes the device more secure if pin guessing is going on. But I can see why you might want to disable it. Personally I use a Bluetooth device as a means of unlocking it, as long as my Pebble watch is within range I don't need to re-enter the pin to unlock

2) You would probably be able to do this with a third party launcher. I use Nova so probably wouldn't have even notice that this has changed.

Reactions: chanchan05
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones