1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android update ruined my root access!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blaqsteel, Aug 12, 2012.

1. blaqsteel

blaqsteel Newbie

Hello all. i rooted my phone using on click root and it's been working fine until an android update i installed ruined my root access. Now my superuser is denied root and i've tried to use several different methods to reinstall root and nothing is working. Can anyone help me get my root access back? My phone is a samsung transform ultra.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cjoeone

cjoeone Member

It is possible to root again. If you search the forum you will find instructions on how to reinstall custom recovery using Odin method which will allow you to reinstall a rom of your choice . I just can't seem to find it. If I do I will let you know.

3. blaqsteel

blaqsteel Newbie

i tried to use odin but i keep getting an error saying can not open usb port. i even tried to use intercept straight from the sd card and that even came up with an error. Any suggestions or is there something i'm doing wrong?

4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Try reinstalling the drivers. If your using XP see if you can find a windows 7 computer. It seems like people have better luck with 7.

5. Dupiche

Dupiche Lurker

I have the same problem and nothing is working for me either. Did you find a solution?

6. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert

kdzzzy likes this.
  7. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Android Enthusiast

8. NGD1

NGD1 Android Expert

yeah just follow the guide Nite posted, Updating android usually always removes root because it replaces the old files, its extremely easy to fix if your computer doesnt see the phone in DL mode download the drivers again, it should see it, if not go into Device manager uninstall and let the computer recognize it.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews