• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android update.

Hi, I've just updated to Android 2.2 but cannot connect to the internet....Does anyone have any ideas please?

Welcome to the forums, abdulmacintosh.

More information is needed before a specific remedy for your connection issue can be given to you.

What device are you using, Droid? Eris? X? etc.

Did you root the device and flash a Froyo based ROM, or by "updated" do you mean that you upgraded to Android from another phone, or that you received an update into your existing Android phone over the air ("OTA")?

..etc..

Many here are happy to help, we just need more information about your device and your situation.

Reactions: dipeshkar
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums, abdulmacintosh.

More information is needed before a specific remedy for your connection issue can be given to you.

What device are you using, Droid? Eris? X? etc.

Did you root the device and flash a Froyo based ROM, or by "updated" do you mean that you upgraded to Android from another phone, or that you received an update into your existing Android phone over the air ("OTA")?

..etc..

Many here are happy to help, we just need more information about your device and your situation.

Sorry didn't think.
The phone is a HTC Desire. When I connected to the internet this morning, I had a notification asking if I wanted to download a system update. I did, I let it install. then left it to load. but since then I can't connect to net using mobile internet....... sorry don't understand all the other stuff, bit of a duffer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones