1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s3lover, Jun 30, 2013.

1. s3lover

s3lover Newbie

Is the os update for s3 good?will it fix some bugs ,lagging,freezing.will it be smoother?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Which update are you talking about? Latest 4.1.2 are all stables and work fine. If you want something really fast, I'd say it's best to try some custom roms based on AOSP.

3. s3lover

s3lover Newbie

I am talking about 4.2.2 version

4. s3lover

s3lover Newbie

4.1.2 isn't very stable on my s3. It freezes too much

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Are you rooted?

6. s3lover

s3lover Newbie

No i'm not rooted and don't want to. But the firmware update is announced officially i think becoz i received a notification to update the software

7. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

There's no date on when 4.2.2 will be officially pushed out, in fact I just read it may have even been delayed so the update notification you're seeing will be 4.1.2 still, just tweaked.

s3lover and funkylogik like this.
  8. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Did you try a factory reset?

9. ADRz

ADRz Member

If this happens, it is not the problem of the upgrade. In fact, it appears to be quite stable. You need to investigate other issues with your phone, including misbehaving apps. I suggest that you "clean" the device and carefully observe the apps that freeze or force reboot.

10. s3lover

s3lover Newbie

I tried a factory reset .it didn't help very much?
    But could it be the torrent downloads or downloading apps from different markets(not always from play store) which are slowing my phone??

11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Absolutely.

If you're downloading paid apps for free, its entirely possible they're riddled with malware.

I'd suggest downloading from Google play store whenever possible, or another reputable app store like Amazon's.

12. SUSS

SUSS Well-Known Member

Its very possible its the apps but, when i had the same problem, lag and freezing i needed the motherboard replaced. Never happened since. Might be worth booking a repair.

Phone was back within a week.

13. philayl

philayl Android Expert

14. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

That's a test release bud so some features won't be present yet (mainly S4 stuff)

Personally I've had trouble with the Gallery in that it contstantly Force Closes on me but that led me to the QuickPic app which I much prefer anyway.

Other than that minor issue I like it too, can't wait for the final full release :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews