1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General android upgrade for xperia x10 usa

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by menaggio, Jan 22, 2011.

1. menaggio

menaggio Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    I bought 3 months ago the sony ericsson xperia x10, and i tought that on december att or SE woul upgrade the andorid 1.6, that i have now , to andorid 2.1, so far nothing is happening i'm still waiting a message on my xperia from att to upgrade the phone. Can somebody tell me how and if i can upgrade my phone to andorid 2.1 in a simple way, im not very well in phone technology,
    thanks menaggio

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    I'm not familiar with your phone so i regretfully can't answer your question. I did move your thread to the x10 forum so hopefully one of our knowledgeable users can point you in the right direction.

And welcome to Android Forums!!

3. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Hello there, unfortunately as far as I know AT&T have not released the update or even indicated when they intend to release it.

4. charlyee

charlyee Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    Wisconsin, USA
    Like rosered mentioned there is no official upgrade from at&t and with the announcement that that March 6 is EOL for X10, I somewhat doubt if there ever will be one.

Most at&t users here have typically de branded and upgraded, search around and see if you want to take that route and I am sure someone will guide you through.

5. menaggio

menaggio Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    how can i branded and upgraded my xperia x10, from android 1.6 to 2.1 , can somebody show me how to do it.
    thanks
    menaggio

6. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta

Hey buddy! send me a PM and I can direct you to a good video on youtube that will show you all you need to know to upgrade your X10. Ill help ya along the way if you would like.

7. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Member
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    I used the guides on these forums to go to 2.1, which was a huge improvement over the stock SE rom. But, i recently decided to take the plunge to freeX10 2.2, wow what an improvement! Other than alot of camera reliant apps not working, this phone would be one of the best android phones available if it came w/ 2.2! The most noticeable improvements are dual touch, and flash video abilities. Performance is much snappier as well, and it seems to make much better use of available RAM. Not to mention all the garbage SE bundled bloatware is gone.