• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android User Input Issues

badpawss

Lurker
Jan 30, 2018
Android swaps keyboards based on the form field variable #inputtype. Is there a way to kill this feature, or install duplicate keyboards so no matter what form field is clicked, the keyboard will not change to a new layout with a reduced space bar?

Also Is there a way to disable swype at a hardware level? Additionally phone gyro's should automaticly lock out swipe during fall detection, to prevent false input while trying to catch the phone.

Also is there preemptive keyboard input being developed for Android? Sony has had this for decades. The phone should know which letter a person intended to press on the keyboard. It is a small AI script which deals with near misses and compound inputs on touch devices

Android swaps keyboards based on the form field variable #inputtype. Is there a way to kill this feature, or install duplicate keyboards so no matter what form field is clicked, the keyboard will not change to a new layout with a reduced space bar?

Also Is there a way to disable swype at a hardware level? Additionally phone gyro's should automaticly lock out swipe during fall detection, to prevent false input while trying to catch the phone.

Also is there preemptive keyboard input being developed for Android? Sony has had this for decades. The phone should know which letter a person intended to press on the keyboard. It is a small AI script which deals with near misses and compound inputs on touch devices

I use the Cheetah keyboard app from the app store. Works really good for me, and Iike the many different things it offers. I was getting speek to text all the time and it was getting to be a real nuisance.

Iam not sure about the swype problem but good luck with you're issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones