• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android v2.1 For Telus handsets?

Zoo

Lurker
May 17, 2010
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have been searching around for Android 2.1 to place onto my Hero (GSM) - that IS the one that Telus uses, right? I have found several links which claim to have the download + instructions, but turn out to be dead. Can anyone comment on where to find this update? Is it stable? Are many people running it now? Any ideas when Telus will be releasing the full version?

thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

Official Hero 2.1 update is not out yet for the GSM Hero. Currently the only way to update to 2.1 is to use a custom ROM ported from other devices. Is this what you are looking to do or are you looking for the Official ROM?

Since the official update has yet to be released, yes, I would like to use a custom ROM. Has it been ported successfully? Is it stable?

Thanks

Upvote 0
It depends.. They all still have some quirks here and there. I would take a look over at XDA-developers forums under the G2-hero development section. Usually they list what works, what doesn't, and what's being worked on still. That way you can decide which one you want based on that. You will also need to learn how to root the Telus Hero in order to install the ROM.

Give this a read. [GUIDE 16/11/09] Get started rooting Telus HERO130! (No need for QMAT!) - xda-developers

That's the step by step guide over at XDA posted by Soaa- on how to do it. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones