1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android video camera crashes - videos corrupted?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChadKaplowski, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ChadKaplowski

ChadKaplowski Member

Hi All

Wondering if anyone has any experience and help with this one please.

Previously running Sensation XE unbranded, Gingerbread 2.3.4

I used the stock video camera to capture some 720p videos, no problem.

Then last month, I went zorbing with the missus. Obviously I recorded the whole experience, or tried to.

On the first run the video camera froze when I tried to stop the recording, previously it looked like the camera was skipping to some extent. I hit the home button after the camera had been frozen on a frame with no activity for a minute or two and found I couldn't watch the video, I had a blank tile in the gallery that couldn't be played.

We had a second run and I tried again to the same result.

I've done some reading online and it appears that if the video is a long one (these files are 46Mb and ~90Mb each - other videos on the phone are significantly smaller) then the camera crashes due to the size. The corruption is caused by a failure to correctly index the files and build a trailer record (as I understand) however there doesn't seem to be any real advice as to how to resolve this, save for sending the file to some sweat shop in China for a fee. I've tried some of the software, the previews don't work so obviously I'm hesitatnt to pay for the full featured versions.

Has anyone had this themselves and more importantly, found a way around it? It's driving me nuts!:mad::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SouLz

SouLz Newbie

The only thing i can say is my video camera use to crash since the update.

Everytime i pressed record it made the record noise then quit back to homepage.

I spoke to HTC and they told me to do the battery pull.

Battery Pull: Pull battery out while phone is on, leave it out for 20-30 seconds then reinsert and reload phone.

That fixed mine

3. ChadKaplowski

ChadKaplowski Member

Thanks but this was prior to the update - on Gingerbread 2.3.4

Its not a case of it would always crash, only for long videos. The post is more to try and see if there is a way to recover the files as no codec packs recognise them on the PC.

4. SouLz

SouLz Newbie

Ahh sorry i must of mis-read,

hmm have you tried contacting htc via there live help chat? They might have an idea on how to recover corrupted video files for the sensation.

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews