1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Android Virgin new to the forums!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vido.ardes, Oct 17, 2009.

1. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Software Developer
    Kent, UK
    I thought I'd better say hello, and yes, there is another android virgin amoung you now :eek:

I've had a HTC Touch Pro for the last 18 months and while I loved every minute I feel like it's time to move on. I contemplated the HD2 and the TD2 for a long time, and then wrapped my grubbly little mitts round a HTC Hero and fell in love. Now I'm in another dilema:

Get the Hero now and join the fun, or await the mighty Dragon (or even the X3 for that matter")?

So much choice, so little time.. anyways, I thought I would need some pointers in making my decision, and I thought what better way than to join a forum. So here I am!

Be gentle with me please... :p

Advertisement

2. Omniscient

Omniscient Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Welcome to AF :cool:

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)

4. Mr_Tricorder

Mr_Tricorder Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I had a momentary brain-fart when I read your thread title and thought you said you had a Virgin Mobile android phone :thinking:

As far as your dilemma goes, it all depends on how long you're willing to wait for an Android phone. Waiting on the Dragon would be a good idea because of the better hardware. The current line-up of HTC Android phones (Dream, Magic, Hero, and Tattoo) are all a bit underpowered hardware-wise to make full use Android without taking a good amount of resource management into your own hands. Then again, The Hero is a fine phone in it's own right and will definitely help you satisfy your android fix now, and then you can upgrade later (when your wallet allows).

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to AF Forums! :D

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: