• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android VOIP Desktop Devices

Yes I mean VOIP phones:
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.23.30.png

that are running on Android as one above.

I did see the link and checked the devices out and this is what I'm saying it looks like they are all running out of date old Android versions and don't have lock screen (which goes against Google Workspaces security). Looking for something complient.

Upvote 0
Yes I mean VOIP phones:
View attachment 158795
that are running on Android as one above.

I did see the link and checked the devices out and this is what I'm saying it looks like they are all running out of date old Android versions and don't have lock screen (which goes against Google Workspaces security). Looking for something complient.

I don't know much about this Google Workspaces of course, but do they have a list of like approved Android VOIP phones, that meets their security requirements? Especially as Android is made by Google.

I used to work in business telecommunications years ago, that's why I know system phones like Avaya and Cisco, but that was really before VOIP was a thing.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I don't know much about this Google Workspaces of course, but do they have a list of like approved Android VOIP phones, that meets their security requirements? Especially as Android is made by Google.

I used to work in business telecommunications years ago, that's why I know system phones like Avaya and Cisco, but that was really before VOIP was a thing.

I haven't found one and they don't know themselves. This is the problem :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones