• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android vs my Apple apps???

Mr.RS4

Oct 21, 2010
Norway
I have iPhone 4, but thinking to change, but wrondring about the apps. Would I get simulare / better apps that I have on my iPhone, if not I will perhaps not even think about to change mobile phone. I am not worried if the apps could be better than iPhone 4 :)

The HTC I would like are HTC Desire HD(new one, or simulare / better)

Some Apps that I like and have on my iPhone 4 and would like to have simulare on Android are:

SMS Bank
- to check balance and transfer money between your accounts? Save your accounts in SMSBank and generate SMS messages in a user friendly interface in a few seconds.
Web Info: SMSBank for iPhone on the iTunes App Store

iDreamremote - iDreamRemote lets you control your Enigma based satellite tuner from anywhere in the world, you can change channels, start recording and pause programs directly from your iPhone.
Web Info: iDreamRemote - iPhone Apps Plus

DreamOn - Simulare like iDreamremote

Movies - Show your own movie store with picture, info on the movies you own

Logmein - Make your iPhone or iPod touch an extension of your computer with remote access from LogMeIn. Use any computer program remotely right from your Apple device. Help friends troubleshoot from afar. All from the palm of your hand.
Web Info: LogMeIn Ignition iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

Navigon - Very good navigation app, use any transport and even walk you selfWeb Info: Search result: iPhone Apps Plus

Ship Finder -
Finds any ship in the world, use google mapWeb Info: Ship Finder iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

RemoteX -
RemoteX is a remote control app for iPhone/iPod touch. This app controls 12 !!! programs in your PC through a WiFi network. MS Windows Media Player (version 11) Nullsoft Winamp, XBMC, MS Power point, GOM Player and many more
Web Info: Search result: iPhone Apps Plus

XBMC -
XBMC Remote allows complete control of XBMC - the most advanced media center software available.
With XBMC installed on either your XBOX, Windows, Mac, Apple TV, or Linux machine you can play so...
Web Info: XBMC Remote iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

Wheater informations -
Any good here on Android? iPhone have some lokal in Norway, but WheaterPro is international and very good.

WhoIsCalling -
Info, name on who is calling you, or you are calling someone that you dont have any name on, this would find it for you. And it is very fast, you get the name in about 2 rings on youre phone
Web Info: [BETA RELEASE] WhoIsCalling - find the name of the caller

Ebay - The eBay application for the iPhone is specially designed to run natively on the Apple iPhone and the iPod Touch. Using a streamlined interface that’s as elegant as it is practical, eBay members can search, bid, and check their activity on the go. Buyers can sneak in that last-minute bid on a hard-to-find item, sellers can check on their sales, and act on time-sensitive information on the spot without a computer. eBay is open for business anytime, anywhere on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch.
Web Info: eBay Mobile iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

Paypal - The PayPal application allows you to send money to your friends and family using your existing PayPal account. It’s fast, easy, and secure.
And now the PayPal application has been improved and upgraded. It’s even faster and more reliable to use and has added a handy transaction history, and new settings for the UK and Australia.
Just pick an amount and a contact, and we’ll take care of the rest. You can choose from 16 different currencies and can log into your account using your existing PIN or password.
The PayPal application is also great for checking your balance while you’re out. Need to know if you have enough money to buy something? Just log in to see all of your PayPal balances at once.
If you still need a PayPal account, just visit PayPal.com/mobile to sign up.
Web Info: PayPal - iPhone Apps Plus

Babelshot - Translate any language in text, and even foreign text by taking a photo with iPhone 3GS camera.DESCRIPTION:Automatically translate restaurant menus, hotel booklets, product manuals, or snippets from newspapers without typing anything on iPhone keyboard. Simply take a close-up picture of printed text and this app will recognize and immediately translate it into another language. As a backup to camera input, you can always enter text manually, just like with any other translator app.
Web Info: Babelshot Lite (photo translator) - iPhone Apps Plus

Dropbox -
Dropbox is the easiest way to sync and share your files online and across computers.App features: Access your Dropbox on the go. View documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos, and photos. Export files to other iPad apps. "Favorite" files to download them for fast, offline viewing.
Web Info: Dropbox iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

Download apps like DownloadPro -
Download program that allow you to download anything on the web, like movies, office files.

MxTube - Download movies from youtube, not only watch movies.
Web Info: http://www.iphonealley.com/news/mxtube-download-youtube-video-directly-to-iphone

Office program like exel, pdf - What do androids do have here?

Car Apps
that I like, and this are very important for me(especially these with *):

DashCommander*
DashCommand™ is a touch screen friendly software application that is designed to integrate OBD-II data monitoring and logging into the in-car computing experience. Use DashCommand's capabilities to create and display stunning virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more! Thanks to our patent-pending DashXL™ technology, the dashboards look great on any screen size, large or small.
Hooked up with plx kiwi device from PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port..
Web Info: DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

FuzzyCar
- FUZZYCar now supports all known car sensors available under OBD-2! Up to 78 in total, including: Speed, RPM, Engine Coolant Temperature, Calculated Engine Load, Oxygen sensor voltage, Oxygen sensor fuel trim %, Distance with check engine light on, Throttle position, Intake Manifold Pressure, Intake Air Temperature, Mass Air Flow Timing, Advance Fuel Pressure, Time since trouble codes cleared
FUZZYCar now also supports both active and pending Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
Hooked up with plx kiwi device and more info here PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port. )
Web Info: FUZZYCar - iPhone Apps Plus

REV
* - Mutch same ass FuzzyCar, but more things like track thru satelite, measurements like 0-100, 0-100-0 and more.
ev is an application for the iPhone and iPod Touch that monitors, displays, and records real-time vehicle data. By communicating directly with your vehicle's ECU via its OBD-II port, Rev is the first iPhone and iPod touch application to give you complete access to everything you want to know about your vehicle.
Real Time Metrics Rev can monitor and record several vehicle metrics in real-time:Vehicle Speed (including 0-60 time),RPM, Fuel Consumption, Engine Coolant Temperature, Fuel Pressure and lots more!
Hooked up with plx kiwi device and more info here PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port. )
Web Info: DevToaster - Rev - iPhone app development, Great iPhone apps, and more

GPS Buddy
- Harry's GPS Buddy is a versatile trip computer and GPS tool. It records distance and time traveled, and calculates average speeds. Like all applications from Harry's GPS Suite it uses an advanced GPS Engine developed and published during the last years on the PalmOS platform. Using the navigation module from Harry's GPS Suite, GPS Buddy will furthermore forecast arr...
Web Info: Harry's GPS Buddy iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

Could anyone tell me if there are simulare, or better apps then I use on my iPhone 4? If there are most of these, I would like to change to android world.
Thanks!

tut

Attachments

• piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpg
    piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Could anyone tell me if there are simulare, or better apps then I use on my iPhone 4? If there are most of these, I would like to change to android world.
I'm not combing through you entire list for you but at least one (at a glance) has an Android version and I'm sure more of them have Android counterparts. I'd suggest browsing Appbrain as well as the Apps subforums of the Android forum sites. It's really your due diligence to determine what might be suitable counterparts in the Android world.

Upvote 0
I'm not combing through you entire list for you but at least one (at a glance) has an Android version and I'm sure more of them have Android counterparts. I'd suggest browsing Appbrain as well as the Apps subforums of the Android forum sites. It's really your due diligence to determine what might be suitable counterparts in the Android world.
Thanks, found some good, but no apps for my car, that was no good at all :(

Found these, but would like to have more. Perhaps just look more at the web, and I will find it???

My Movies for Android Light
My Movies for Android Light - Android app on AppBrain

LogMeIn Ignition
LogMeIn Ignition - Android app on AppBrain

Ebay
eBay - Android app on AppBrain

Paypal
PayPal - Android app on AppBrain

Who's Calling
Who's Calling(2.1/2.2) - Android app on AppBrain

Official XBMC Remote
Official XBMC Remote - Android app on AppBrain

Dropbox
Dropbox - Android app on AppBrain

Dreambox Satellite Helper
Dreambox Satellite Helper - Android app on AppBrain

Dreambox
AnDream
AnDream - Android app on AppBrain
dreamDroid (beta)
dreamDroid (beta) - Android app on AppBrain
and
Dreambox Satellite Helper - Android app on AppBrain
Enigmanoid
Enigmanoid - Android app on AppBrain

weather
weather - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

Translate
Translator ConveyThis - Android app on AppBrain
Translate - Android app on AppBrain

Other
WiFi File Explorer PRO
WiFi File Explorer PRO - Android app on AppBrain
App List Backup
App List Backup - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
I have iPhone 4, but thinking to change, but wrondring about the apps. Would I get simulare / better apps that I have on my iPhone, if not I will perhaps not even think about to change mobile phone. I am not worried if the apps could be better than iPhone 4 :)

The HTC I would like are HTC Desire HD(new one, or simulare / better)

Some Apps that I like and have on my iPhone 4 and would like to have simulare on Android are:

SMS Bank - to check balance and transfer money between your accounts? Save your accounts in SMSBank and generate SMS messages in a user friendly interface in a few seconds.
Web Info: SMSBank for iPhone on the iTunes App Store
(probably not for this specific bank, unless someone else knows better, but the browser is good enough that you can do online banking using it if you need to.)

iDreamremote - iDreamRemote lets you control your Enigma based satellite tuner from anywhere in the world, you can change channels, start recording and pause programs directly from your iPhone.
Web Info: iDreamRemote - iPhone Apps Plus
(yes, there is at least one AnDream, there are also apps available for sky+ etc)

DreamOn - Simulare like iDreamremote

Movies - Show your own movie store with picture, info on the movies you own (not the exact same app but lots of similar apps are available)

Logmein - Make your iPhone or iPod touch an extension of your computer with remote access from LogMeIn. Use any computer program remotely right from your Apple device. Help friends troubleshoot from afar. All from the palm of your hand.
Web Info: LogMeIn Ignition iPhone application - AppStoreHQ
(yes, log me in is available for android)

Navigon - Very good navigation app, use any transport and even walk you selfWeb Info: Search result: iPhone Apps Plus
(yes, navigon is available for android, its very good, but the built in Google Navigation is fantastic, I had Navigon on my iPhone and was going to buy it on android, but Google navigation is so good that I didnt bother)

Ship Finder - Finds any ship in the world, use google mapWeb Info: Ship Finder iPhone application - AppStoreHQ
(dont think so)

RemoteX - RemoteX is a remote control app for iPhone/iPod touch. This app controls 12 !!! programs in your PC through a WiFi network. MS Windows Media Player (version 11) Nullsoft Winamp, XBMC, MS Power point, GOM Player and many more
Web Info: Search result: iPhone Apps Plus
(yes, try Gmote or similar apps)

XBMC - XBMC Remote allows complete control of XBMC - the most advanced media center software available.
With XBMC installed on either your XBOX, Windows, Mac, Apple TV, or Linux machine you can play so...
Web Info: XBMC Remote iPhone application - AppStoreHQ
(there are some basic xbox live stats type apps available, maybe not as many features as this.)

Wheater informations - Any good here on Android? iPhone have some lokal in Norway, but WheaterPro is international and very good.
(yes, there are lots of weather services available for android, the HTC/Google one is very good)

WhoIsCalling - Info, name on who is calling you, or you are calling someone that you dont have any name on, this would find it for you. And it is very fast, you get the name in about 2 rings on youre phone
Web Info: [BETA RELEASE] WhoIsCalling - find the name of the caller
(yes, similar apps are available)

Ebay - The eBay application for the iPhone is specially designed to run natively on the Apple iPhone and the iPod Touch. Using a streamlined interface that

Upvote 0
Other apps that I like

OYes I found many good apps :)
But many of these are better on iPhone, but in some time they will perhaps be same(if you compare with layout).

Web to PDF
Save the page as PDF format to reproduce all the content for you.
You can read it at any time and enjoy a totally different browsing experience.
Latest version: 1.1 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)
Web to PDF - Android app on AppBrain

Scan2PDF Mobile
Document scanning using your phone's camera to convert one or more pages into a PDF. Like having a document scanner/photocopier/fax machine in your pocket!
PDFs are compressed and enhanced, saved to SD card and can be emailed directly.
v1.2.9 choice for default email recipient and subject - useful to send to fax gateway.
Latest version: 1.2.9 (for all Android versions)
Scan2PDF Mobile - Android app on AppBrain

android-vnc-viewer
See and control your computer's desktop from your phone, from anywhere.
androidVNC is the Open Source (GPL) remote desktop program for Android devices. Connects to most VNC servers: incl TightVNC, RealVNC on Win and Linux, x11vnc, and Apple Remote Desktop on OS/X.
0.4.7 Pinch to zoom; fix sending uppercase from kbd
Latest version: 0.4.7 (for all Android versions)
android-vnc-viewer - Android app on AppBrain

TrueCaller US - Full
Know more about the caller with TrueCaller!
When making/receving a call:[FONT=&quot]▷[/FONT]Display name, address, region and country[FONT=&quot]▷[/FONT]Display status message from Facebook or Linkedin [FONT=&quot]▷[/FONT]Be notified of spam callers [FONT=&quot]▷[/FONT]See name of prepaid cards with CallerID+!
Update your contacts with address information Requires 3G/Wifi
Latest version: 2.01 (for all Android versions)
http://www.appbrain.com/app/truecaller-us-full/com.trueCaller.full.us

SMS Backup
Automatically backs up SMS messages to your Gmail account.
Version 1.1.1 fixes force close on CyanogenMod.
You need to have IMAP enabled in your Gmail preferences, which must be done through a computer.
See website below for user guide and source code.
Latest version: 1.1.1 (for all Android versions)
SMS Backup - Android app on AppBrain

MSN
MSN Talk Pro
MSN Talk Pro - Android app on AppBrain
MSN Droid
MSN Droid - Android app on AppBrain
MSN Messenger Droid X
MSN Messenger Droid X - Android app on AppBrain

SoundHound
SoundHound is instant music search & discovery.
Free version gives you unlimited voice & text searches, lyrics, and 5 super-fast music searches every month.
New: Fix Twitter login issues- Added Russian translations- Bug fixes
Latest version: 2.2.3b (for all Android versions)
SoundHound - Android app on AppBrain

Spotify Remote
THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION. Remote control spotify over a wireless network. Multiple users can control one player. Track and artist names are shown as well as album art.
Requires server version 1.0.35 on the remote computer available at:Grahamserver
Latest version: 1.2 (for all Android versions)
Spotify Remote - Android app on AppBrain

MoveToSD
This tools allows you fast and easy move installed apps to/from SD Card.
apps2sd, a2sd, sdmove
Latest version: 1.0 (for Android version 2.2 and higher)
MoveToSD - Android app on AppBrain

MultiTasking Pro
Quickly switch between running apps for a list of the currently running tasks.
- Activate using HOME key.
- kill button press on a list item to force stop the task.
- Press HOME key second time to go to the home screen.
Latest version: 1.09 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)
MultiTasking Pro - Android app on AppBrain

Record My Call
Please be kind,the app does not work for some phones.
See to my web for phones compatibility.
This application can record incoming and outgoing call.Due to limitation of Android phone(hardware and software) the app only can record from mic.Use loudspeaker to get clear voice from the other side.
Latest version: 1.4 (for all Android versions)
Record My Call - Android app on AppBrain

Call Recorder
Ever missed something important during a phone call?
CallRecorder automatically records your conversations.
Powerful filters support Whitelist/Blacklist. Notify for Save/Discard after recording. Clear UI for playback and manage records. Store records in SD card.
(currently not work on Android 2.0, sorry)
Latest version: 1.0 (for all Android versions)
Call Recorder - Android app on AppBrain

Android Recorder
One of the best voice recorder on Market.
-4 skin (Froyo, Sense, Xperia, TapeMachine) - record in 3gp and mp4 format - call recording - desktop widget for fast records - 3 category for the records - send by mail or Bluetooth - password protection - silent mode - APP2SD support
Latest version: 1.1 (for all Android versions)
Android Recorder - Android app on AppBrain

Spy Recorder
Do you need to Spy on someone? Is your boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on you? Are your boss or coworkers talking about you? Do you talk in your sleep? Are there ghosts while your sleeping?
If so, download the Spy Recorder to secretly record audio with your phone! Only Records when the sound level is above a threshold.
Latest version: 1 (for all Android versions)
Spy Recorder - Android app on AppBrain

Gmote 2.0
Turns your phone into a remote control for your computer, allowing you to start and control movies and music at a distance.
New 2.0
Stream music from your computer to phone!
Linux support, Control PowerPoint, image slide shows, Navigate and launch websites from phone, Acts as a WiFi touchpad/keyboard (improved!)
Latest version: 2.0.4 (for all Android versions)
Gmote 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain

SleepTimer
Fall asleep to your favorite music. Will turn of the running music player.
Features:- Fade out + stop music - Many players supported - Stop other app - Shake extend - Turn off WiFi/Bluetooth - Airplane mode - Unlock for no ads and more features -- no ads - Widget
Update 1.0: Widget (unlocked)
Latest version: 1.0 (for all Android versions)
SleepTimer - Android app on AppBrain

Meridian Media Player Hermit
Advanced Video/Music player.
Search lyric, subtitle, gesture, ID3 edit, rating, extra info, flac/ape, and more.
Latest version: 1.2.1 (for all Android versions)
Meridian Media Player Hermit - Android app on AppBrain

Shazam
Start your music journey now with Shazam to discover, buy & share music.
This free app gives you 5 tags each month to identify music anywhere plus a 7 day trial of our premium app!
Latest version: 2.1.0-B70006 (for all Android versions)
Shazam - Android app on AppBrain

Adobe Photoshop Express
Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Touch to crop, rotate, adjust color, and add artistic effects. Access all your photos and videos directly from your free Photoshop.com account. Quickly share with family and friends. Requires SD card. By downloading you agree to the Terms of Use at Photoshop.com | Terms

Latest version: 1.3.1 (for all Android versions)
Adobe Photoshop Express - Android app on AppBrain

Pic Paint
Pic Paint is Android’s highest res photo editing app. Take photos with the camera or use existing pics and then mark up with: +35 Clipart +23 fonts +8 crazy photo effects + Whitebal, filters +Bright/contrast +Curve text, shapes
Latest version: v1.99 NOTES: AF fixes, Froyo SD card fixes, support of saturation, sharpness, etc (for Android version up to 2.0.1)
Pic Paint - Android app on AppBrain

Birthdays
Lists all contacts with birthdays so you do not have to search anymore.
Widgets to always be up to date whose birthday is next.
Status bar notification to never forget about birthdays again.
Dials for you to call or send messages as well as eMails.
Latest version: 3.6 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)
Birthdays - Android app on AppBrain

Emergency First Aid Guide
Dont waste time searching for help on the internet in a medical emergency. Have this emergency first aid & treatment guide local on your phone. This complete guide will help you handle & treat almost ANY emergency quickly & correctly. Hard copy version has sold tens of thousands! http://www.phoneflips.com/FA.htm for more
Latest version: 1.6 (for all Android versions)
Emergency First Aid Guide - Android app on AppBrain

Prescription Pill Identifier
Pill Identifier - Over 10,000 pills in the database, identifies pills through imprints, colors, and shapes of the pill. Provides a brief description of each pill - If you encounter problems with the software, please feel free to contact support
** Uses internet to retrieve images only, application works without internet **
Latest version: 1.1.0 (for all Android versions)
Prescription Pill Identifier - Android app on AppBrain

Games for kids

Super Mario
The Super Mario Bros is coming.
Drag the pieces to the right place in order to recreate the picture !
Features: * Friendly user interface;* New high score;* Share with your friends;* Set as your wallpaper;* 60 levels / 4 difficulty
Super Mario - Android app on AppBrain

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Its good that you come to the forums for questions that you have, but in my opinion, you should use the SEARCH option more. Even googling "android app that allows me to record my phone conversations" will yield some results, which will lead you to other sites, or searching, as others have said, on appbrain and the like will do the same. Search first, THEN if you can't find what you're looking for, ask it on the forums. Most of us don't sit around all day combing the forums looking to answer every question posted by every user. Take some initiative and do at least some of the work...
Again, great that you came here, but a simple google search and some digging will usually answer your questions.

edit: even using the "search this forum" at the top right of the forum page will also yield some results. there are over 500 pages of people asking relatively the same questions as you. you will find something...

Upvote 0
Its good that you come to the forums for questions that you have, but in my opinion, you should use the SEARCH option more. Even googling "android app that allows me to record my phone conversations" will yield some results, which will lead you to other sites, or searching, as others have said, on appbrain and the like will do the same. Search first, THEN if you can't find what you're looking for, ask it on the forums. Most of us don't sit around all day combing the forums looking to answer every question posted by every user. Take some initiative and do at least some of the work...
Again, great that you came here, but a simple google search and some digging will usually answer your questions.

edit: even using the "search this forum" at the top right of the forum page will also yield some results. there are over 500 pages of people asking relatively the same questions as you. you will find something...
Thanks, but I mean that I have take a little investigated my self and found some of my questions :)

But I could not find something on that I am asking in post 8. Asking if there are better apps then I have found(can`t ind any other).

In post 10 I am asking for any good games that will be good to play for my 4years old boy, what you recommande, not what I can search on goolge or any place else.

In post 11 I am asking again what you recommande, non what I can investigated / search on goolge or any place else.

Perhaps in post 12, I could do littlebit more investigated and search on goolge. But again here what you recommande. There are plenty apps.

CarsnGadgets gave me a good hint, and with that good help I found mutch more information on Android, thanks again CarsnGadgets :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones