1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Android Web-Login Internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steveco, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Steveco

Steveco Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2017
    I have internet which requires web-login, after logged-in to personal web page, needs to click "Connect" button and internet starts to work for 6 hours. This is maximum period of time set by our admin.

If I'm using PC (windows 10) or iPhone, there's steady internet connection for 6 hours,
    but if I want to use Samsung S8, internet disconnects automatically after 3-10 minutes,
    even when display is on. I need to press "Connect" button again and again to restore internet connection. Looks like all android devices disconnect internet, not only Samsung S8.

I tried to change web browser to mozilla, opera, nothing changed, internet still disconects continuosly.

Is it Android issue ? Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    If it affects all Android devices and not just your S8, then it's possibly something that your admin needs to fix on their network. Have you tried a different browser?

3. Steveco

Steveco Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2017
    I tried different browsers, but still the same, internet disconects itself after few minutes.
    Our admin is not available, he's somewhere abroad.
    May be somebody knows solution without asking admin?

4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    This doesn't sound like any kind of issue with Android or your mobile devices, the administrator of the network has intentionally set time limits on connectivity. You need to talk to the admin to lobby for longer access times.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    As computers (Windows) apparently don't have any problems, try the phone browser in desktop PC mode(User Agent), rather than mobile or default.

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Just one quick question. When you say that your connection lasts only 3 - 10 minutes, is that while you're actively browsing? There are a few things that would cause an active connection to break like the phone going into power saving mode when it sleeps, but you said the screen stays on.

Still you might want to check your settings in settings>WiFi>menu>advanced and see if you are setting a sleep timeout for your WiFi radio.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8