1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android will save me... or will I wait forever?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jago25_98, Mar 20, 2011.

1. jago25_98

jago25_98 Member
    Dec 15, 2010

Dec 15, 2010
    I've just had my Nokia E55 stolen. I bought this as a stop-gap while I wait for bright sunlight compatible, low power PixelQi screens or ability to turn 2/3rds of the screen off to save battery life.

The great thing about the phone was that the battery would last over a month in offline mode and at least 3-4 days on standby.

I remember having a SonyEriccson P800 touchscreen phone... never again! That experience has put me off touchscreen and for me a phone with no batterylife is a risk I don't want. And yes, I've played with friends who have the iphone and android. I guess I can adapt to touchscreen (though I'd prefer blackberry format) but those massive screens I don't need just waste a load of battery.

Yet... I love the promise Android platform. I really hope that some community hacking can mean I can get away from this artificially enforced software upgrading on Symbian where the hardware could run the latest but the vendor deliberately makes it awkward to try to get you to buy a new phone. This is further sometimes mixed in with branding crap - I wanted to write Spanish on my UK E55 and I couldn't because of branding - madness! I pray Android can fix all this rubbish and bring some normality, unity and openness to us all.

Now I've got to figure what I will buy. An iphone will only get stolen. Cheap chinese dual sim phones don't support CDMA uim simcards, epsecially ones with full keyboards... and seems tough to buy another identical e55...
    I might just get a nokia 3210!