1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android won't move files between internal SD card and internal storage on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by 6StringDave, Sep 16, 2011.

1. 6StringDave

6StringDave Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I had decided to make use of my 7 GB of internal storage by storing my audio books there (MortPlayer, if no other book apps will play from here) . I am finding that on my phone (HTC Droid Incredible), none of my file-browser apps, including popular Astro, are truly capable of moving files between internal storage and my SD card - there is a failure error every time. I can still copy files between internal storage and SD, but it seems that no Android apps will conveniently copy and delete the original conveniently on my phone. Yes, I'm being kinda lazy by not plugging it into my PC, which is far more reliable and quick at this sort of thing, if you don't have the fickle USB connector port issue, but I unfortunately do (it's either that or my Android system is too screwed up to care which option you selected under "Connect to PC", and the hardware reset has not reliably cured this). There are also times when you may need to do some file housekeeping when no computers are available.

I checked my phone memory, which shows 402MB free, which is just over half of my capacity (I thought that pretty good, considering that my system and apps are installed there).

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and do you understand why this is?

Advertisement

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    Have you tried using your phone to format the SD card to see if that fixes the issue?