• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android x86 9.0-rc2 no sound via HDMI

nastypc

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
I installed without issue with read and write during install process. Have no sound. Searching the net found out some commands. I opened up terminal window type su and cat /proc/asound/cards found mine is c0 which is onboard. Then I activated sound using the following commands: alsa_amixer -c0 set 'IEC958',0 on alsa_amixer -c0 set 'IEC958',1 on .alsa_amixer -c0 set 'IEC958',2 on alsa_amixer -c0 set 'IEC958',3 on then I tested with a wave file to find the correct device with this command: alsa_aplay -Dplughw:0,7/storage/path_to_file/sample.wav and I can here on device 7 ...... How can I change the boot up so my sound is set correct I tried to edit the init.sh file using chmod 777 but nothing works there is got to be an easier way. Any help would be great again I know nothing about Android os.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones