• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Android x86] App doesn't notice keyboard

Nyap

Lurker
Feb 25, 2016
Hey, I recently installed android x86 on my laptop and I wanted to play some games. I was dissapointed to find that none of rockstars games seem to have x86 support, so I decided to install a game called Gangster Vegas. So far it's been working great, just a tiny bit of lag in the cutscenes, but there's one problem; for some reason, the game doesn't see the keyboard on my laptop, and I have to use touch-screen controls with my mouse. Hw to fix? btw I know this game has keyboard support because I remember playing it a while back on my tablet with a bluetooth keyboard

Not really, not unless the original game developers do something, unlikely, will probably say "We only support our games running on regular Android phones and tablets, and not some community alpha/beta project running on PCs.", or the Android-x86 project itself does something to make it happen, as it's free open source software(FOSS), can you code? ;)

Have you tried running the games on Bluestacks instead?
http://www.bluestacks.com/

Upvote 0
Not really, not unless the original game developers do something, unlikely, will probably say "We only support our games running on regular Android phones and tablets, and not some community alpha/beta project running on PCs.", or the Android-x86 project itself does something to make it happen, as it's free open source software(FOSS), can you code? ;)

Have you tried running the games on Bluestacks instead?
http://www.bluestacks.com/
I'm on linux, i can't run bluestacks
I'm no programmer, but shouldn't coding a workaround be really simple? It sounds like something someone might be able to do in like 20-30mins

edit: like an external app, not a modification to the actual games code

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones