1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

android yahoo mail - cannot view attachments in browser

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have Samsung Note 8.0 tablet with android 4.2.2. I cannot view attachments in Yahoo mail when using the browsers (android stock browser, Firefox and Chrome). Instead I get a warning that the attachment is untrusted, invalid certificate etc.

I have Norton Mobile Security installed but the problem persisted when I uninstalled Norton. I have the Yahoo app and can view most attachments using this but the app does not have signout capability so I prefer to use the browser.

I do not have the same problem with Yahoo mail on my Macbook or Windows computers.

Any suggestions.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    In order to view an attachment in a browser you have to have a plugin in the browser to run that kind of file. The only "attachments" a browser would run natively are html files. To run the attachment outside the browser, you have to have an app that runs that type of file installed in the phone.

In Windows and Mac you normally don't have those problems, because they come with all the programs you need to open the normal file types.

scary alien likes this.