• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android

charlington

Sep 8, 2015
I have a few questions about android phones, kindly answer me.

a) I realised that android phones with higher internal memory are strong in connecting and retaining a strong WI-FI connecting than my cheaper 1.27MB internal memory android smart phone. Does this mean phone types determines strong connectivity to WIFI?

b) What features should I look for when looking for a smart phone with good higher connectivity to WIFI?

c) What is the process of making a downloaded App to be a system App in a rooted android smart phone?

d) What are some of the best Android app for rooting a smart phone?

a) I realised that android phones with higher internal memory are strong in connecting and retaining a strong WI-FI connecting than my cheaper 1.27MB internal memory android smart phone. Does this mean phone types determines strong connectivity to WIFI?

No, it just means that some devices give a better connection than others; internal memory has nothing to do with it.

b) What features should I look for when looking for a smart phone with good higher connectivity to WIFI?

The phone will only connect at the maximum rate it supports, so look for phones that support the 802.11ac protocol; this will allow up to 300Mbps thoughput and enables use of both the "legacy" 2.4GHz and the newer less-congested 5GHz spectrum.

c) What is the process of making a downloaded App to be a system App in a rooted android smart phone?

The easiest way is to use Titanium Backup to convert user apps to system ones. Note though that some apps may not like it. ;)

d) What are some of the best Android app for rooting a smart phone?

That depends entirely on the phone, and is a question best asked in the appropriate root-specific forum for the device. Some phones can be rooted without apps, while others require particular ones.

Upvote 0
Is there any modification one can do on a ROOTED android device to increase the maximum rate it connects to WIFI? please explain.

There are several integrated circuits and various chips soldered to the motherboard inside your phone. Some of those chips are the 'radio' chips for wireless functionality like Bluetooth, cellular connectivity, and WiFi. As far as your query the fastest speed of the WiFi for your phone is determined by the WiFi chip that your phone came with -- it's a hardware component so software tweaks aren't a factor. Firmware updates that come about might help as far as reliability and stability but the as far as the 'maximum rate' it's matter of whatever your phone came with, that's the maximum. As far as hardware there's not a lot of options for upgrading smartphones, it's not a like a desktop computer where you pull out an older card and put in a newer one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones