• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android_Secret_Code String Revealed!

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.
No more pop-up confirmation.
I have tested this and it works successfully.
I've also discovered by doing this, it will disable the puzzle/glass unlock screen.
Personally, having to push a button and slide the screen is redundant.
I like the one-step process.

Would also like to add, it will also disable your pattern lock feature as well. I was hoping to be able to disable the puzzle/slide lock, and just have the pattern lock. Its annoying to have the pattern lock and still have to slide the puzzle to unlock the phone.

Upvote 0
For those of you who have LauncherPro, I discovered an easier way to get to the hidden menu. I'm sure someone else has posted this but I didn't see it anywhere so if this is redundant, I apologize.

- Long press on the home screen.
- Select shortcuts.
- Select Activities.
- Scroll down to com.android.hiddenmenu and select it.
- Scroll down to Hiddenmenu Enable/Disable and select it.

This will place a shortcut on your home screen to the Enable/Disable hidden menu. Now anytime you want to enable/disable the hidden menu just select the shortcut and enter the SPC code and your in.

This is actually on a little bit of a different subject, but from the activities menu you can also create shortcuts for the Samsung Widgets, such as Buddies Now, Daily Briefing, Feeds and Updates, etc. They won't actually be widgets but they provide the same functionallity, just as a shortcut.

Upvote 0
Over on XDA, seems spaciorek has figured out how to change the voice codec from EVRC to EVRC-B. For definition, go here. Enhanced Variable Rate Codec B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've tested it out and callers say I sound much better and don't sound distant anymore

EVRC-B Access - xda-developers

SPC code 000000
The bottom of the screen will have buttons that are directional like a d-pad.

Press down until you see:
SVC Mode NAM1
End of BASIC NAM
Exit

Press right once you will see EXIT change to MORE
Hit enter
Press Down once and you will see:
HomePage VoiceSO
EVRC

Push right button to change to EVRC-B
Hit Enter
Phone will reboot.

Hit Enter after each change to stay to EVRC-B.

Thank you. this definitely helped me out. My GF says I sound louder and clearer, AND her voice on my side was much better. No more distorted sound. I changed all 3 settings to EVRC-B

Upvote 0
A word of light caution on changing the EVRC output (light caution instead of dire warning because changing the settings back is easy); after I successfully changed all 3 settings to EVRC-B I could no longer hear or be heard during phone calls. No sound either way. Would've been nice to see the improvement but alas...

A quick edit back to the original EVRC settings and all was right in the world again. Hope everyone else has better luck with it.

Upvote 0
Okay, so I tried changing the voice code and I actually experienced issues realated to 3g data.

I would have full signal (where I work has a repeater) and every time the phone would pull data the connection would drop to zero bars. I would only get about 200kbps down as well. I changed it back to c and the data issues disappeared.

I don't know how it could be related but this was my experience

This also destroyed my battery during this time as well.

Upvote 0
What are the symbols that I have highlighted in Red below. I cannot seem to locate them and upon initial scan of this posting, did not see anyone else ask. Must be lack of experience?

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key
Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button.

Upvote 0
Just got a SF a couple days ago and this stuff is great!

The no puzzle screen on wake is awesome.

HOWEVER - I did the steps below:
Full Bat Popup
*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

Then I checked it by charging the battery at work and I STILL get that darn 'full battery' info pop-up. Any way to successfully keep that box from popping up???

Upvote 0
I'm reaching here, but did you reboot after putting the code in? Perhaps the phone needs to shut down and restart before change takes effect.
Yup, definitely re-booted - after I made the change on the battery pop-up and lock screen, I tested the lock screen by long pressing the side button. Worked just as stated, but the battery pop-up did not take effect.

Upvote 0
Full Bat Popup
*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

I was able to get this to work successfully however it appears that it still turns the screen on at the time when it would normally display the pop up.

I imagine this is an issue for me because I have selected to keep the unit on when plugged into power so the screen for most would light up and then go to black after a while. However for me it stays on because of this setting. I have it powered up when plugged in because it is in a waterproof case and I do not have access to the power button when it's in there.

I thought I would ask if there's a way to keep it from turning the screen on anyway. Someone know a way to accomplish this?

Curt

Upvote 0
For those of you who have LauncherPro, I discovered an easier way to get to the hidden menu. I'm sure someone else has posted this but I didn't see it anywhere so if this is redundant, I apologize.

- Long press on the home screen.
- Select shortcuts.
- Select Activities.
- Scroll down to com.android.hiddenmenu and select it.
- Scroll down to Hiddenmenu Enable/Disable and select it.

This will place a shortcut on your home screen to the Enable/Disable hidden menu. Now anytime you want to enable/disable the hidden menu just select the shortcut and enter the SPC code and your in.

This is actually on a little bit of a different subject, but from the activities menu you can also create shortcuts for the Samsung Widgets, such as Buddies Now, Daily Briefing, Feeds and Updates, etc. They won't actually be widgets but they provide the same functionallity, just as a shortcut.

Does anyone know if you can do something like this with ADW Launcher?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. So can shortcuts be created for any of these other strings for a quick way to enable/disable/change? There are quite a few activities in that hidden menu section.

Upvote 0
Nothing happens after I enter the second code. It says a certain box is supposed to pop up, but nothing happens. Does this work for Froyo ROMs?

After I entered the first code then hit the home then went back into the dialer again the first code was still there. I had to delete that number (backspace is right next to the original number) then type the second code in. Work fine then. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones