1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support android_secure folder, where is it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cr4zyjay, Jan 19, 2013.

1. cr4zyjay

cr4zyjay Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2012
    Male
    hi,

i want to get to android_secure folder on my GS2 so that I can figure out what apps are installed that are taking up over half of my internal storage, so I can decide which ones are crap and delete them, thus giving me back more internal storage space and not getting a memory low message when updating some apps.

my circumstances are:

-not rooted
    -no custom rom, all original from manufacturer
    -H3G UK official firmware

-dont want to root
    -do not want custom rom or custom firmware
    -still want to get to android_secure folder

can i do this somehow? please help, thanks!

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    The .android_secure folder can be located on either internal or external storage, but without root access you can't directly access the folder.

3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Android_secure is in the external sd card. Its a hidden folder that you can't really view and even if you can (ES explorer), you cannot see the files inside.

However, if you connect the phone to the PC as a mass storage device, you can access it.

Although those files are for apps and its necessary for them to run. Deleting those files would prevent the app from running. You are better off making sure apps are moved to the phone first before deleting, just to make sure you are really deleting junk.

Also check the lost.dir just in case there are files in there. Those are safe to delete since there is no sure way to restore files from there.

Forgot to add... this is only applicable to SGS2 where you can use Move2SD. Also using ICS and not sure if same in JB.