1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support android_secure help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by noobdroidstyle, Aug 5, 2011.

1. noobdroidstyle

None

Aug 5, 2011
    My Optimus M is not rooted. Last week my first Optimus shorted out and wouldnt turn on so i received another one through warrenty. I have/had a significant amount of apps stored on my sd card. Theyre not showing up on my new phone, but theyre still taking up space on my sd card. When i plug in my sd card the secure folder is not showing up. I know its there because astro shows it. I need help finding out how i can explore the file to find out what i need to download.

Advertisement

2. MindlessZombie

None

Jul 27, 2011
    cleburne tx
    You need an explorer.. But, you are def going to have to root your phone. Seeing as you just got it, im going to guess that it is either 2.2.1 or 2.2.2. if its the first one, it can be rooted. The second hasnt been cracked yet, therefor, it can not be rooted. And it may be a while, before this can happen.

3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Just put the SD Card in your PC or connect your phone to it via the USB cable. You'll be able to browse the contents of that folder on your computer. The files will use their installed names, but you can still search the market for these. Some names may be obvious while others aren't.

A phone cannot reinstall apps from the .asec folder. This is just partial data that is moved to the SD card. You'll have to redownload the full app and reinstall.

Tags: