• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Androidforums = Bizarro World

Rominucka

Apr 29, 2011
Delray Beach, FL
I'm in the midst of switching from Metro to Verizon for various reasons and I want to continue with a 4G experience.
I was leaning towards the Droid Charge and the overall consensus is that it's not worth it and that the Thunderbolt is better.
Then I figured I'd check out the Thunderbolt and its forum does the same thing while saying that the Charge is the way to go.

So, word to the wise...when looking for opinions on phones here at the forums, go to its closest counterpart to best make your decision.

I was leaning towards the Droid Charge and the overall consensus is that it's not worth it and that the Thunderbolt is better.
Then I figured I'd check out the Thunderbolt and its forum does the same thing while saying that the Charge is the way to go.
That's why everyone needs top shop based on personal criteria rather than consensus. The latter is only helpful if popularity if your top priority when shopping. Popularity and your needs/wants are not the same thing.

Worth is always highly subjective no matter what the topic might be.

Upvote 0
Anyway, I've been with the Charge for more than 3 weeks and I LOVE IT!!!

And I did read plenty of the TB threads beyond the titles and for what I want out of my phone was something the TB could not deliver. Its battery is no match for my data hogism.

2 of my coworkers have the TB. They come into work with more battery life than my Charge, do almost nothing with it and are in red in way before the end of the work day...I'm playing with my phone any chance I get and most of the time I don't need to charge it until bedtime.

If the TB had as good a battery life as the Charge I would have probably gotten it...money's a little tight ya know. But I wanted to upgrade my experience from my Indulge.

And I couldn't give 2 sh!ts about popularity. All my fellow sales people dislike or even hate Samsung.

Upvote 0
I'm not a huge fan of the Charge's industrial design personally. I also am not a big fan of Samsung phones as I've had several problems with them in the past and I know others around here have as well. If it were me and I were between the two, I'd choose the TB because I'm a big fan of HTC. The choice of course is ultimately up to you. Just remember that it's very likely Verizon is changing to tiered data plans soon (looks like it will be July 7) so it'd be best to get your plan before then to be sure you get unlimited data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones