• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

androidproblem

Hi androidforums . I think i have a serious problem. On my phone J5(2016) SM-J510FN i had android 6.0.1 and root. I recently saw that my phone got an update for Nougat. I downloaded the firmware from Sammobile but couldn't flash because i was in TWRP recovery so i installed FlashFire and flashed from there . It did what it is supposed to do but when it restarted it still had SuperSu installed and i hard reseted it and now i cant turn the wifi on and i cant connect with a computer in any way . I tried different ports , different cables and PC-s but it doesnt show up at all or only once it shows as an Unknown Device and says lastest drivers are Installed. I now have stock recovery but when i select Apply Update from SD Card or Apply Update from ADB it shows that Apply from external storage is Disabled and shows "E: unable to locate /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc " . Please help me if you can .

Hello android forums. I had android 6.0.1 in J5(2016) and it was rooted and i installed 7.1.1 Official Update from Flashfire , after i rebooted it was connected to wifi and rooted but i did a factory reset and now it Wifi and Bluetooth are greyed out and i cant turn them on. Could a hardware problem happen from root or it is a software or something i dont know. I also cant connect to PC in any way + when i try to Apply Update from SD Card or ADB it shows E: unable to locate /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc - Apply from External Storage Disabled. Can you help me or i am gonna have to use my phone as a useless piece of tech.

Upvote 0
Hello android forums. I had android 6.0.1 in J5(2016) and it was rooted and i installed 7.1.1 Official Update from Flashfire , after i rebooted it was connected to wifi and rooted but i did a factory reset and now it Wifi and Bluetooth are greyed out and i cant turn them on. Could a hardware problem happen from root or it is a software or something i dont know. I also cant connect to PC in any way + when i try to Apply Update from SD Card or ADB it shows E: unable to locate /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc - Apply from External Storage Disabled. Can you help me or i am gonna have to use my phone as a useless piece of tech.
Merged similar threads ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones