• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Androids and Processors... Show off your knowledge!

wibbnuguy

Lurker
Oct 19, 2009
Here is my question: I noticed that basically all the HTC phones use Qualcomm CPU's, and these phones are quite common in the USA. Is this specific to HTC, or does it have more to do with the Android platform? I understand the answer might not be black and white - For example are there other, emerging phone brands (not HTC, as I've noticed HTC's designs are generally not "home-runs")? Do these brands tend to use Qualcomm as well? Some other chip-maker?

I know there are some Super-Android-Geniuses out there....Show off your knowledge!

I am far from a processor genius, but my understanding is the price-point is there for these processors. They do an adequate job for an adequate price, making them popular for phones.

Take a look at this wiki article and you can see that HTC seems to favor them, but there are other phones using the 528.

Comparison of smartphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones