• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[AndroidTV] Upgrade to UG007 or MK808 or ... ?

Hi

I have a Flexiview FV1 (one of the first Android tv set top boxes) but it is having (big) trouble playing some mp4 videos. Not related to the format but the quality. FV1 doesn't support 1080p nor 720p, so I always have to re-encode video files before streaming to the box

I've been checking the latest android tv devices around and I think I should upgrade. I've seen UG007 and MK808 as two good options for upgrading

UG007 Mini PC
Android 4.1.1 TV Box Dual Core Cortex-A9 RK3066 1GB RAM 8G Storage HDMI USB Black
u$s 56.99
QwoZSpL.jpg

Android 4.1 TV Box MK808
Dual-core RK3066 1.6Ghz 1GB DRR3 8GB Nand
u$s 48.99
gsE5Bhs.jpg

I've been reading some audiosync, wifi signal reception problems in UG007, (audiosync solved in latest version) but the question is

Would you recommend UG007, MK808, or maybe another better option?

Great! You know, after doing more research, I've found more powerful options than the two I've put in the first post.

This would be the list

MINIX NEO X5
iMito MX2
MK809 II
UG007

And other two gaming options, very interesting particularly for the fact they will be very popular, therefore nice custom roms, app ports, etc.

OUYA
Gamestick

So I guess I'll wait until june (ouya release) to define this upgrade. I won't be able to afford buying one stick now and then to be shocked by the ouya or gamestick news some days after :p

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones