1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Androot and Recovery manager wont work (OSF) HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EazyDuz, Mar 31, 2011.

1. EazyDuz

EazyDuz Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    So ive been following the guide stickied to install a ROM on the modaco website to the point where it says about backing up your stock ROM. So i do, i name it 'original orange'. The phone then resets, i go back on recovery manager and it wont open, nor will androot.
    Reset phone to factory settings and formatted memory card, reinstalled and the same thing is happening.

Have i ruined my phone?

Basically got to this point:

# Hit the Firmware tab
    # Hit the MENU button on your device and choose Update Database
    # If you want to make a complete backup of your entire phone : use the option Backup Current Firmware - this will put a FULL backup of your device onto the SDCard (in a directory called clockwork)

Made a backup name something like 'original orange', as soon as i did that, the phone reboots and now androot and recovery manager wont work.
    Need advice soon before i take it back for an exchange

Ive now tried flashing original ROM, wiping data cache/factory reset etc etc. Phone loads, install astro manager, install androot. Androot wont open, install recovery manager, recovery manager wont open.

PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    SQL Analyst
    Manchester, UK
    So when you say you've tried flashing original ROM, I'm guessing you actually haven't managed to ?

Personally, I don't use Androot and Recovery Manager. I'd have a look at the Clockworkmod method of recovery / flashing and see if that works.

Tags: