• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds - excessive advertisements!!

inphoenix

Dec 31, 2009
in Phoenix. Duh!
Is it just me or is rovio advertising a little too much in their Angry Birds game? I've cleared all levels and working on getting three stars in a few levels that I have just two stars in. I get a VIDEO ad after every 2 or 3 games. That is really annoying.

The advertising was not so excessive until I had not cleared all levels. It just got too much after that.

Anyone else feel the same?

I wish I could just see those advertisements...

I downloaded Angry Birds from Appbrain but it doesn't seem to be working for me. All I get is a blank blue screen with an angry bird who shows up on it for like a second. If I touch my screen it can change colors, but it's not really that fun...

No idea why it won't work for me. :(

Upvote 0
I wish I could just see those advertisements...

I downloaded Angry Birds from Appbrain but it doesn't seem to be working for me. All I get is a blank blue screen with an angry bird who shows up on it for like a second. If I touch my screen it can change colors, but it's not really that fun...

No idea why it won't work for me. :(

That's the whole game. What's yer beef :)

Upvote 0
AdMob recently started implementing Video ads... which suddenly made ad supported apps really annoying.

Blame the developers for implementing it that way, not admob.

As for people advocating playing "ad-free"; keep in mind that a well supported ad system is one of the main reasons that Android has good free apps. No ads = no revenue = no reason why developers like Roxio should spend time on Android and its dysfunctional market software/system.

Upvote 0
I actually noticed the same thing: and yeah, it only started happening *after* I finished the game and went back for 3 stars.

Thank you. I was starting to think that I am the only one!! I would pay to get rid of these ads when they come out with a paid version. But the ads are a little too much. Rovio needs to reduce the frequency of ads.

Upvote 0
The Comedy Central add starts a browser, plays a video and starts angry birds all over. It did this loop for me about 15 times in a row... I understand ads are there because it is free.. but I would like to be able to play the game.

Sounds like it's been very poorly implemented and/or a bug. I suggest contacting them via their forums/support e-mail and complaining.

Upvote 0
I mentioned it to Rovio on twitter and they said "we hear you" so I think they will be talking to admob. I doubt this was something they intentionally meant to happen. I've heard of stuff happening like this before where the advertiser makes a change without letting a site or in this case app owner know. I suppose all those eyeballs were just too tempting. :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones