• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Angry Birds for Android Render Issue...

bchild

Lurker
Oct 20, 2010
UK
Yes, I followed the masses and downloaded Angry Birds for Android.

I love the game, but I'm having some render issues... It wont render the "ground" graphics, instead they just appear as white blocks which blend into the background (Sky), so I can't see where the all important gaps are;

Here's an example; http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff509/harmlessfly/AngryBirds-on-HTC-Hero.png

So far, I've made it to level 2-20 by getting lucky with where my birds fall. - But I would appreciate it if the graphics rendered properly!

Any ideas on how to fix? - I read somewhere that there may be a way to update my the graphics drivers, but not really sure how to do this.

I have a HTC Hero with Android 2.1 (u1) - All other apps are killed when playing Angry Birds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I e-mailed the support team at Rovio and just got this e-mail back.

Thank you for contacting us about these issues and for your kind comments about the game.
Some Android devices, including HTC Droid Eris, indeed have problems showing all of the Angry Birds' graphics. This is a known issue that we are currently working to get fixed to the game.

There is little that can be done to boost the general framerate of the game anymore, but the freezing is something that we are aware of and will try to get that tackled from the game.

Br,
Raine M

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones