• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds Go - China

Upvote 0
Rovio are money hungry people and probably dont upload to china cause there worried of hackers stealing the app. but try the amazon store for the other rovio games. there is a not so legal way but im not saying. i dont even do it . i download only from GP

Angry Birds has already been stolen. Goes without saying really there's rampant piracy of the Rovio games and a heck of a lot of unofficial merchandise as well, including school textbooks. There's also rampant piracy of Disney intellectual property, but Disney hasn't given up. I'm sure they still make a packet out of China.

Upvote 0
The funny thing is eventually rovio did make contact and told me it is available from the play store in China!

I just had another look at Play in China, and I'm seeing absolutely nothing from Rovio at all now, their stuff used to be available though. There's plenty of cheats, Angry Birds themed apps, wallpaper, etc. but non of those are official or licensed AFAICT.

Thing is most phones here don't have Google Play, they have a mishmash of Chinese app stores, that are usually full of pirated stuff. The one what I'd call reputable app store, Baidu Apps doesn't have Rovio games either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones