1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Angry Birds Rio Free On Amazon Appstore Today Only. - 3/22/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Mar 22, 2011.

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

The Android version of Angry Birds Rio is free on the Amazon Appstore for today only. I downloaded the Amazon Appstore .apk file directly in my handset's browser and installed it, then I signed in using my Amazon account and downloaded and installed Angry Birds Rio for free. Here is the direct link you should enter in your handset's web browser: http://amzn.to/getappstore . Just following my instructions from above and you will get your free prize. Enjoy. :cool:

I happen to be on my stock Android 2.1 with Sense UI ROM at the moment and Angry Birds Rio runs fairly tolerably because it is advertisement free. I can only imagine that it runs even better on AOSP Android 2.2 and AOSP Android 2.3 with some overclocking involved. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast

Good looking out LBP. I'm downloading it as I type this. :D

3. KitsapAndroid

It runs pretty smooth. Not having the ads is key though.

4. LBPHeretic

Yeah, I was fairly impressed with its performance. It seems to be noticeably better, speed and smoothness wise, than previous Angry Birds entries. ;)

I just need to see if it will download to my B&N Nook Color. I will try that later. :)

5. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Android Enthusiast

What's today's date? Oh. Crap.

6. LBPHeretic

Actually, it is still free even today. I think they are keeping it free for a while to promote the Amazon Appstore. ;)

So, head on over to Amazon and grab your free copy of Angry Birds Rio. I have enjoyed it so far. :)

7. LBPHeretic

Double posting for the win! Anyway, the advertisement free version of Angry Birds Seasons is free on the Amazon Appstore today. :)

I downloaded a copy even though I also have the advertisement supported version as well. I will try it and see if the performance is any different from when you shut off your mobile data connection with the advertisement supported version! ;)

8. KitsapAndroid

Good looking out LBP. I'm DL'ing it now to try it out. Seasons never ran well for me cause you had to have the ads on in order to play it. Hopefully this one will run better without the ads.

9. LBPHeretic

Haha. You seem to be the only one paying attention to my threads for these daily deals. :D

I am glad that I am helping someone out with this information. I think maybe some people are turned off by the Amazon DRM where if you uninstall the Amazon Appstore, the game or app no longer will work. ;)

10. KitsapAndroid

I was not aware of this, but it is good to know. I really don't see me un-installing it though since it's a good market and platform. Besides, a free app a day is great! Oh, and Angry Birds Seasons still doesn't run the best, but it is playable and a little better than the ad supported version.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews