1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Angry Birds Rio Review On LG Optimus V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Geemanaz, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Geemanaz

Geemanaz Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Arizona
    So today I download the new Amazon App Store
    and download the new Angry Birds Rio that is free today only.

Angry Birds Rio Graphics are much nicer than previous versions, game actually has depth/3D feel. Game runs extremely smooth on my LG Optimus V

Advertisement

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member
    None

Agreed. I've just played the first couple of levels and find it a pretty impressive upgrade for an already awesome game-movie tie-in or not.

3. MrTweaker

MrTweaker Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Remington, MD
    Not really interested in the game, but downloaded it to support Amazon. And found out why people like it. :D

4. anniesapple13

anniesapple13 Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    I just got my LG Optimus V phone in March. I never had a touch screen smartphone before and it took some getting used to the new keyboard.

I had an odd experience today. The phone is google enabled and when i was typing a gmail, i could enter the To: and From: and Subject: fields but when it got to the body of my message, my cursor would not go to that spot. Has anyone had this experience who also has gmail and this phone? Was it because i had my phone turned on while i was trying to compose this gmail message on my computer? Must i use gmail on my computer with my phone turned off?

I also noticed that when my phone is on and i am in gmail, i get IM in my computer in the google IM window, i get the IM window in my gmail and i also get IM of the same conversation in my phone when my phone is turned on. Sometimes the convo that shows on the google talk IM on my phone is not the same convo that i see in my regular google talk IM. Same person i am IMing with but the convos will not read the same. Has anyone had this experience?

All help is appreciated :) So much to learn about this phone. I have learned a lot but there is always more. The manual that comes with the phone has microscopic icons of the phone symbols so that does not help in trying to interpret the instructions the manual is giving either. I don't understand why they would not make these icons bigger in the printed manual other than trying to save as much space as possible and make the manual less thick. My only explanation of why they would print it in such a manner :) So fellow androids ..... come rescue your fellow android in distress!!! hahahaha :) Happy Tuesday :) xox

5. treven21

treven21 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. Just got angry birds rio. Great game!

6. GMan66

GMan66 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    So, I too, installed the Amazon Appstore and downloaded Angry Birds Rio yesterday. Cool little game, nice job, Rovio. Then I notice that the Amazon Appstore is running in the background, using over 10MB no less, so I kill it. Later on, I notice it has restarted itself. I don't like apps that just launch themselves unsolicited, so I kill it again. Lather, rinse, repeat and it keeps relaunching itself. I don't need a shopping app constantly eating up resources and potentially spying on my activities (it does have full network and phone privileges, right?). I uninstall Amazon Appstore and hope Amazon will wise up and release a new version that will behave nicely. Now here's the best part: today, I go to play Angry Birds Rio (I bought it yesterday for $0.00, right?) and it says "Amazon Appstore required. It looks like the Amazon Appstore was uninstalled from your device. Please install the Amazon Appstore and sign in with your username and password to use this app." WTF, Amazon!?! Why do I need what is supposed to be a shopping app to be installed in order to play a legitimately installed game that should require no internet connection? I know Amazon never declared that they would "do no evil", but they did say in the Appstore installation instructions, "Trust us, it's just Amazon, right?" Shame on you, Amazon! :mad:

7. treven21

treven21 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. I uninstalled it too!

8. wonderfulwino

wonderfulwino Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    10 MB? Mine's only running at 3.8 MB. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I saw this advertised on Amazon's page today but mistook it for the original Angry Birds game. This one is much nicer looking.

9. fyugioh

fyugioh Newbie
     #1,054

Mar 20, 2011
    the game is laggy after level 15

10. Positive P

Positive P Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Installer Car Audio Brand/Company
    Central, Fl.

Thanks I just noticed this also, DELETE!

Tags: