• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds Rio

For anyone who couldn't get AB Rio to install, here's what I did on my Droid X.

1. Using Root Explorer (must be rooted for this to work) go to /sdcard/android/data and find the folder called 'com.amazon.venezia' and click on the 'cache' folder.

2. Pick one of the files with the angry birds rio logo (I had several for some reason), long click and select move.

3. Then navigate to the root of your phone (one level up from your SD card, make sure its not on the card), select 'Mount R/W', and paste.

4. then unmount the SD card, go back to where you pasted the .apk, and install as usual.

Reactions: dag175
Upvote 0
Works fine on my Galaxy Tab...and to be honest I thought it was going to a bad game compared to the original, but oddly enough it isn't.

Still wish they would bring it to Android Market...but I suppose I should get use to Amazon appstore, because I for some reason have the feeling that more devs are gonna want to try and have their app on the Amazon Appstore vs the Android Market.

Reactions: Essex
Upvote 0

1. Using Root Explorer (must be rooted for this to work) go to /sdcard/android/data and find the folder called 'com.amazon.venezia' and click on the 'cache' folder.

2. Pick one of the files with the angry birds rio logo (I had several for some reason), long click and select move.

3. Then navigate to the root of your phone (one level up from your SD card, make sure its not on the card), select 'Mount R/W', and paste.

4. then unmount the SD card, go back to where you pasted the .apk, and install as usual.

I can confirm this also works on the Droid 2. Had to root which i was trying not to but i need my angry birding. SQUAAAAAWK

Upvote 0

Couldn't find the .apk in that location. Even did a search with Root Explorer and no luck. Was I supposed to do it before I installed it?

Upvote 0
Couldn't find the .apk in that location. Even did a search with Root Explorer and no luck. Was I supposed to do it before I installed it?

This should be done after you get a failed attempt to install in the amazon app market.
So you say you navigated to the correct location and there was no .apk? Make sure you're looking on your SD card, because there is a very similar folder called 'com.amazon.venezia' which has a cache subfolder, except its on the phone's storage, not the SD. So its easy to get confused, I know I did that earlier today. Just make sure you follow the correct file path on the SD card.

Upvote 0
I'm not rooted, and I really don't want to root just to make the Amazon App Store work properly. Still waiting, but I played my wife's copy last night. Very cool.

Yep, it is...Im just wondering if Amazon will update it each month to unlock each months levels or will it auto unlock...And I wish this was on the android market only because it would be easier if most of my apps were in one place and not 2-3 different places.

Upvote 0
worked absolutely perfect for me... downloaded amazon app store, signed in, downloaded AB for free and am playing it. Whats everyone whining about ??
It's the same problem when I (and others on various devices) try and download any app that auto-installs to my SD card from the Market: it won't unless I unmount the SD card first and force it to my internal (which is where I want it anyway). With the Amazon App Store, you can't do that. You have to have the SD card mounted to download and install apps.

That's the problem. I called Amazon this morning and told them as much since it's still not fixed.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up, do NOT post the APK for Angry Birds Rio. It WILL be considered software piracy and is NOT allowed on the forums. Anyone that does will receive an automatic infraction on their account because it is against forum rules.

That sux. What about those with AT&T and the the Amazon app store is not working? They live in the US, but since AT&T blocks ALL app installs NOT through the GOOGLE ANDROID MARKET! How do those peeps get around it? I think it should have been posted for those peeps. That seems unfair as hell

Upvote 0
No one is really stopping AT&T customers from finding the APK elsewhere, we just don't want to promote piracy on this forum. Also it was free for that promotion and now is $0.99, so it would be total stealing and piracy at this point. What people do is their own business, but don't associate it with this forum.

Plus it's more of AT&T's fault to block all that stuff rather than Amazon, so if anyones to blame it's AT&T. I've heard rumors that AT&T is working on making the exemption for Amazon's app market though.

Upvote 0
That sux. What about those with AT&T and the the Amazon app store is not working? They live in the US, but since AT&T blocks ALL app installs NOT through the GOOGLE ANDROID MARKET! How do those peeps get around it? I think it should have been posted for those peeps. That seems unfair as hell

see the AT&T website
Amazon Appstore for Android - Coming Soon to AT&T Phones
they will have access to Amazon.

Upvote 0
see the AT&T website
Amazon Appstore for Android - Coming Soon to AT&T Phones
they will have access to Amazon.

I mean really, this doesn't really prove anything. It could be a buffer to keep people from complaining. Due to the lawsuit from Apple, they might just sit back and wait for the outcome of that suit, then decide if they want to make a change. I don't see AT&T changing this policy now or within the next bunch of months. Wouldn't they have to recompile ROM updates for all of their Android phones? This change is looking more complicated than what we see...

Upvote 0
Yep, it is...Im just wondering if Amazon will update it each month to unlock each months levels or will it auto unlock...And I wish this was on the android market only because it would be easier if most of my apps were in one place and not 2-3 different places.

I'm with you. I would rather not have had to install another app store to get this. I had no issue with adding the credit card as I have an Amazon account anyway so it's linked there. Why does Amazon have to get in the mix here? Not that I have a problem with Amazon in general.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones