• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds updated...

Root + AdFree Android - Android app on AppBrain = No Ads in Angry Birds.

I know the devs get supported by putting ads in the apps, but when the ads get to become very intrusive, people are going to look harder to eliminate them.

AdFree is even more valuable when using the browser. You can eliminate a lot of bandwidth by cutting out ads on webpages.

Upvote 0
I don't mind ads, but these are seriously in the way and interfere with the game. That is not right. It was fine before, they were at the bottom and not an issue...until the video ads started popping up. Those were/are wrong too.
I would so buy this game, it's a great game but almost too annoying to play right now. I don't understand why there isn't a paid version, I'm not the only one who would pony up and buy it! They need to have a paid version and a free version!!
Much like Winter Warlock, I have become disenchanted. lol

Upvote 0
Fortunately I got mine "elsewhere". Don't remember where that elsewhere was but my ads are still at the bottom and disappear quickly.
I can almost predict they are coming out with a paid version. Make the game unplayable and force people to buy. I won't succumb to such tactics.
BUT, I would have paid for it in the first place when they came out with the full version. Their loss. Hope they got a lot from the advertising. Funny thing is I can't tell you what one of the ads is for.... :)

NOTE: I just got an e-mail stating MASSIVE UPDATE! I e-mailed them back asking them (nicely) to correct the ad problem.

Upvote 0
Fortunately I got mine "elsewhere". Don't remember where that elsewhere was but my ads are still at the bottom and disappear quickly.
I can almost predict they are coming out with a paid version. Make the game unplayable and force people to buy. I won't succumb to such tactics.
BUT, I would have paid for it in the first place when they came out with the full version. Their loss. Hope they got a lot from the advertising. Funny thing is I can't tell you what one of the ads is for.... :)

Feel the same way! Would have brought this game from the start, but treating android users like this is really turning me off from this game.

Upvote 0
Root + AdFree Android - Android app on AppBrain = No Ads in Angry Birds.

I know the devs get supported by putting ads in the apps, but when the ads get to become very intrusive, people are going to look harder to eliminate them.

AdFree is even more valuable when using the browser. You can eliminate a lot of bandwidth by cutting out ads on webpages.

Worked like a charm. Thanks. I am surprised so many people are complaining in this thread when you posted such a simple solution.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi All!

I am fairly new to the Android scene, having just gotten my first Droid X. I downloaded the Angry Birds update after completing all the levels on the original, but the new levels aren’t showing up! I cleared my cache and moved the app from my phone to my SD card, but nothing. I haven’t ‘cleared the data’ because I am worried it will kill all my progress.

Any tips?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones