• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds updated...

Don't update! The ads are now in the top right hand corner and interfere with game play. If you wait for the ad to go away and then try to play - if you use a bird that drops an egg or the boomerang bird where you have to interact with it, you're unable to in the location where the ad was. It's terrible.

Upvote 0
Don't update! The ads are now in the top right hand corner and interfere with game play. If you wait for the ad to go away and then try to play - if you use a bird that drops an egg or the boomerang bird where you have to interact with it, you're unable to in the location where the ad was. It's terrible.

Ads? Get 'AdFree Android' from the market... it's free.

You don't actually have to touch the 'bird' to drop the egg, boomerang, turbo, etc. You just have to touch the screen again (anywhere). The update is just fine!

Upvote 0
Ads? Get 'AdFree Android' from the market... it's free.
Yeah I already had my phone rooted and AdFree installed,...and to tell the truth had forgotten about it. So when I ran this latest version of Angry Birds without any problems (or ads) I was wondering why people here were complaining. Of course then I remembered AdFree was on my phone.

Upvote 0
Downloaded the app from the Market yesterday for my Optimus S. Ran soo much better than my Hero. I could see the ground and everything. Got up to level 21 last night then when I tried to play it today the app launcher then the app force closed. Also the shortcut doesn't say Angry Birds anymore it has an app code and the pic is gone. :thinking: Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Root + AdFree Android - Android app on AppBrain = No Ads in Angry Birds.

I know the devs get supported by putting ads in the apps, but when the ads get to become very intrusive, people are going to look harder to eliminate them.

AdFree is even more valuable when using the browser. You can eliminate a lot of bandwidth by cutting out ads on webpages.

I had no idea they could be blocked so easily. Running Chevyno1 SSX and used his toolbox to block ads in general and sure enough no more in Angry Birds. Thanks!

GMB

Upvote 0

Do not upgrade! They made the ads really annoying now!

These new ads are terrible. They are really short changing us by not giving us a paid ad free version, doesn't the iphone have a paid ad free version?

Let's boycott Angry Birds until the devs wake up!!!

I refused to reinstall it after resetting my phone. @#$% intrusive ads!

Its funny. They make how much money from the ads and all... then when they get 10 million downloads they will release an ad free version for .xx? Make twice the money from Android then iOS. Just wish the ad was not in the freakin way!

I played the game with wifi off and 3g off and i got no ads...
And it fixed the graphics problems and my screen resolution is now supported...

I LOVE THE UPDATE

Uninstalled, emailed head shed and left feedback ; Rovio - Blog

But because I'm nice ;) if you don't want the ads just turn all data connections off, might help with the speed problem others are having too :)

yup, ad location sucks now and it kills the framerate. I hope this isn't a ploy to make us want to buy the paid version.

Yes, 45 more levels but now the game is unplayable due to bad framerate and bad ad placement. Thanks Roxio

Its bollox why add more adds, yeh you can still play it but it aint helping one bit, wrong move rovio
The amount of reading comprehension fail in this thread is incredible. The solution has been posted several times, go into airplane mode or root and install AdFree. Don't like it, don't play. Good lord people.

Upvote 0
If we downloaded the first one off of GetJar, any way I can update without getting rid of all of the progress I've made?

I also downloaded it originally from Getjar. I did the update yesterday through the marketplace. I had three stars on all but two levels (arrgghhh can't get those last two), and rolled the dice on the update. Luckily it kept all of my previous progress.

...now...about those ads...

Upvote 0
Any idea why I would not be able to even download angry birds? My wife and I just got evos. Our 1st phones with any kind of apps.

She got her phone about 4 days before me, and she got angry birds then no problem. Now anytime I try to download it I get a cannot install error. Anyone else having problems with updating or downloading it?

Though from the sounds of the new adds, I might not want to..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones