1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Angry Birds won't install with SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yaksha, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

For some reason, I couldn't install Angry Birds. After the file downloaded the phone said Installation Unsuccessful. I finally found a tip that unmounting the SD card will allow it to install, and it did.

However, even when trying to upgrade it would fail. I would have to unmount, update, remount.

I just turned off my phone, removed the SD card, started it back up and uninstalled Angry Birds. Turned it off again, put the SD card back in, and started it back up. Again I tried to install Angry Birds and again it failed with the SD card in.

Does anyone know why Angry Birds fails to install and update when the SD card is in the phone?

I'm not trying to install it on the SD card, I don't care where it installs, I just don't want to have to constantly be taking my card out and putting it back in whenever I need to update.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

Ever since 2.2, for some apps I now have move the said app to the phone memory, unmount the sd card then install updates. Very unnecessary but it works so I'll continue to do this until it's fixed. Sounds like you already tried this method. I just updated birds seasons and it worked for me.

3. MSU Fan

MSU Fan Newbie

To add to Rdjr74's comments, I have even had to do a full uninstall and then reinstall on some programs. very annoying. But it's not the worst thing in the world.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews