1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Angry Birds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HeadlessPonch, Oct 17, 2010.

1. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    Just for fun I redid everything this morning. Still had to apply those gl drivers.
    Also had the DJ07 update popup at just the wrong time while I was reinstalling everything from the Market. I'm still trying to remember 3 or 4 apps that were in the Download list when the update prompt popped up right under my finger just as I was about to press on one, and when I tried backing out of the update I was back on the home screen and my download list had been updated to show only those apps I had just installed. Jerks.

Advertisement

2. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have the Amstel ROM. Do I need to take this gl.zip and rename it Update.zip and apply it from recovery?

3. samaruf

None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I renamed the gl.zip from the link above to Update.zip and applied it through recovery. Now I can see the obstacles, but are they supposed to be just black and not textured?

4. HeadlessPonch

None

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    I didn't rename it, just applied gl.zip through "Recovery-Apply zip from SD card". Actually, that was the second time around, after Recovery had added that sdx folder to the Sd card and moved gl.zip and the 1.9.3 ROM to it. The first time around I used "File browser" to find gl.zip in my downloads folder and applied it from there.

I did notice that the ground isn't really textured, just dark brown, and I'm seeing stuff in the background through it, but it's better than the white on white from before.

5. jeper

jeper Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Do you know how to get to the Big setup level for angry birds?
    I just finished Danger above and no more level. Am I the only one missing The Big setup level? just uninstalled and reinstalled and still don't see it.

6. squiddy20

squiddy20 Newbie
    None

May 19, 2010
    I have the moment on 2.1, with meatkernel v2. Initially I had the same white on white problems many of you have been speaking of. After the install of the gl drivers linked to by chibucks, much of the background has shown up. Not quite as it is in the videos and tutorials, but enough to get by. I honestly dont believe it matters what kernel, rom, or theme you're using as long as you have the "right" gl drivers installed. Now, I think some of the roms and such already have the "right" drivers installed so depending on that, you might not need to install them after a flash. Downside of the gl driver update is that the 3d gallery no longer works. But hey, at least can play a game. :p

@jeper, I haven't beaten Big Setup and I also dont have that level. If I'm interpreting this:Angry Birds Episodes - 4. The Big Setup right, it will come in an update at some time.

@samaruf, no need to rename the zip file, just apply in recovery.

7. Sorian

Sorian Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Security System Tech
    Houston
    I am going to add on to this then start a new thread.

I can't install Angry Birds. I have tried all the links, QR Tags, getjar site and all have failed.
    The links and tags bring me to market where is says it can't be found. The GetJar site lets me download, but when trying to install says I am out of space to display, even tho I have about 40mb space left.

Any ideas?

8. kiddk1

kiddk1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Education
    MI
    I had the same issue, I have been running interceptor rom and switched today to DF Remix 4.0 and it showed up in the market instantly.

9. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Android Expert
    None

Oct 15, 2009
    Customer Service/ Quality Assurance Supervisor
    Richmond ,KY
    I have gotten through to the second scene without the backgrounds but it was hard. I am installing the drivers now. That hopefully helps me go back and get all 3 stars! Thank everyone. This game is so addicting. I have iphone friends playing it now too.

10. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    I downloaded the .apk from the link in the thread at SDX and put it on the sd card and installed it manually using OI File Manager. Worked like a charm.

11. HeadlessPonch

None

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    It's weird you can't find it in the market. Are you running stock 2.1 or are you rooted?
    Maybe you can try temporarily deleting some apps to make room, then reinstall them after Angry Birds is installed.

12. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm rooted running ti-x 1.3 and it did not show in the market for me. That's ok though, any .apk worth having can be found pretty easily these days. ;)

13. Sorian

Sorian Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Security System Tech
    Houston
    I'm just rooted enough to remove stock apps I don't like, other then that its stock.

I did remove 2 of the larger apps I have and still no luck. I was able to download and play it before flashing to DI06. I removed it hoping to finally get it from the market (to be told when it updated), then this happened.

I'll Try finding the links in SDX and give it a try.

14. samaruf

None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Just like most of you, the only time I get to play the game is when...ahem :D

Just can't get beyond 3-5. There must be a cheat sheet for this just like all other games. I can only sit on the crown for 10-12 mins max, otherwise it ain't fair to the rest of the people who really have to GO.

15. latinmaxima

None

Oct 15, 2009
    Richmond ,KY
    I agree. this is a great time waster while gravity does it's job. On 8-4 now. I even catch myself playing while on the phone at work waiting on hold.

16. dcvt16

dcvt16 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Does anyone have any idea why I cant find this in the market? Running the mflop rom version 8.22??

17. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    dcvt16, shoot me an email and I'll email it to you. Just use OI or your favorite file manager to install.

ovrrdrive@gmail.com

Btw, can you post a link to the mflop rom?

I don't believe I've seen that and I'm ready to try something different. ;)

18. HeadlessPonch

None

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    Just got an email from Rovio announcing an update that among other things fixes white textures on certain devices. Moment maybe? Don't know, and after reading comments about the new intrusive ads that come with this update (covers part of the screen during gameplay?), I don't think I'll be finding out. I can't put my phone in airplane mode just to avoid ads every time I want to play a game.

I suppose I'll just live with the plain brown squares for the ground that the gl drivers I installed give me.

19. samaruf

None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I got the e-mail too and installed the new release. Didn't read anything about the ads, although, I have ad blocker. I couldn't install right away as it said I didn't have enough memory. I uninstalled the older version and was then able to install the new release. Bummed out that I have to start all over again as it apparently didn't save anything in the SD card from the last install.

20. jasonamd

jasonamd Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    I wouldn't worry about the ads in the latest update...I'd worry more about the fact that it runs so slow on the Moment now that it isn't playable. Graphics look better...but it does little good if you can't play the game.

21. HeadlessPonch

None

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    I was going to test it out on The Wife's Moment (she doesn't play it anyway), but after hearing this I'll wait to see if there's another update.

22. jasonamd

jasonamd Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    I completely uninstalled and reinstalled and even rebooted...still so slow it is unplayable. Also I noticed anywhere there is text (such as the level numbers and score) there are now white blocks instead of text. I'd definitely recommend not installing this update on the Moment.

23. latinmaxima

None

Oct 15, 2009
    Richmond ,KY
    The update made this so much worse on the moment. Please do not update. Your better offer installing the GL drivers lnked above.

I did send an email to the developer asking for help. I suggest anyone who got the update do this as well. Maybe we can get them to resolve it. Has anyone with the GL drivers doen the update and still have the same speed issues?

24. samaruf

None

Jan 15, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I am having NO issues with the update. I have the updated GL drivers.

25. HeadlessPonch

None

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    In that case, does everything display properly now? Like, actual ground instead of brown blocks, and exploding birds?

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.