• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds

Apologies if this is a stupid question. I am new to using apps. I downloaded Angry Birds in an internet cafe, I don't at the moment have WiFi at home. After coming home I found that when I run the app I get the loading screen and then that disappears and up comes the home screen. Do I need internet access to play the game? My phone is a san francisco. Also can anyone recomend a motor racing game that will run OK on this phone?
Cheers, Tom

I thought in order to keep Angy Birds free they are using ads. The ads need to refresh while you're playing so an internet connection is needed. I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.

I'm not sure for Angry Birds, specifically. But I run a lot of ad supported apps/games just fine with internet privilages denied to them.

Reactions: tomburke1935
Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't allow any ads to load on any app I have like angry birds and cut the rope.
I disable the connection to mobile internet before I start playing them, if the internet connection is disabled the annoying ads can't load & therefore will be gone. I don't wanna see/or let my kids see that stuff they got on there anyway.

Upvote 0
Your phone is only a 600mhz phone right? It might be too slow for it.

I had an LG Vortex and it barely was able to play the later levels. It would get choppy, but it would play. The phone you mention looks to be similar to what the Vortex is.

I know that once I went to a Droid X2, the game definitely worked MUCH better. Fast loading times and excellent response.

With the Vortex, it would take awhile for it to load up and even then, it would get choppy during later levels.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't allow any ads to load on any app I have like angry birds and cut the rope.
I disable the connection to mobile internet before I start playing them, if the internet connection is disabled the annoying ads can't load & therefore will be gone. I don't wanna see/or let my kids see that stuff they got on there anyway.

Thanks for the tip! Why didn't I think of that before? That Angry Birds ad is getting more than just a nuisance. It does not allow me to see where I want the birds or whatever they are to go, just a teeny-tiny corner but it's enough to throw me off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones