1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AngryBirds - revolt

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by usualsuspect, Feb 23, 2011.

1. usualsuspect

usualsuspect Newbie

Has anyone else noticed that the ads in angrybirds have become more and more intrusive with each update? It is driving me crazy and I can no longer even play this game. With the ads there you can't even see the top portion of the screen which is necessary to play successfully. Can we start a start a thread to Voice our displeasure?

And on another broader note - the aps in general have been getting more and more annoying with regards to the size and placement of the ads. I would gladly pay for my aps if they did not include these ads. Anyone else feel the same??

Advertisement

2. Just turn your Wi-fi and Mobile Internet off before you open the game and you wont get ANY adverts. Problem solved

3. mrstealthusmc

mrstealthusmc Well-Known Member

just root your phone and get the ad free app. i have never seen an ad in angry birds

4. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member

root + adfree = win! ;)

5. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast

rovio tweeted that they will be releasing an adfree version within a month. The ads don't bother me most of the time, but I wish they were on the bottom like they used to be. I'm kind of over the game, so I'll stick to the free version.

6. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast

This

7. usualsuspect

usualsuspect Newbie

thanks guys - I would root but last time I checked I think there was an issue w 4g working on the EVO. If anyone knows differently let me know. Thanks again.

8. Spr8dogg

Spr8dogg Member

I am rooted on my EVO and 4g works great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn-jF1Ull8E

9. Spr8dogg

Spr8dogg Member

I completely agree with ad placement. It seems to get worse and worse. iPhone apps do great because they are $1 and they work. I think many people would not mind paying that. I know I wouldn't mind.

Handcent seems to do a good job with ad placement; it's in the settings. A little creativity goes a long way.

10. fury-s12

fury-s12 Newbie

i dont like the ad placements in angry birds at all but as mentioned just turn off all internet connections while playing no one needs to be connected to the net even while there playing do they

11. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

Like said, just turn off data and no ads. You still get calls and regular texts like normal, but no ads.

12. usualsuspect

usualsuspect Newbie

gil - how do you turn off data only? I can only find airplane mode which turns everything off.

13. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert

Look in Settings --> Wireless and Networks

There should be a check-box for Wi-Fi and for Mobile network. Make sure they are both unchecked and you will not be plagued by ads while playing Angry Birds. You will still get calls and texts.

If you are using HTC-Sense then you can add settings widgets to one of your home screens. If not, look at the various settings widgets by Curvefish on the Android Market.

14. On my Desire you can simply hold the power/lock button which brings up Phone options - Power off, Silent mode, Vibration mode, Airplane mode & Mobile network. The latter IS on/off for mobile internet/data. Some android phones ya have to turn of 2G & 3G roaming