• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Animation problems

Zinned

Lurker
Aug 10, 2012
Hello everyone,

I've been working with Java (on Windows) for a while and I made animation by drawing objects which move by resetting the position a couple of times per second in a background thread.

Now I started exploring Android and I'm told that it should not be done by this way on Android.
So I started using basic Animations (RotateAnimation, TranslateAnimation, etc.) to animate my Views (ImageViews which are the images I want to animate/move).
But then when I combine multiple animations the animation looks unstable, and I read there also can't worked around this problem. (src: android - Why is my rotate animation all wonky when applied to an Activity transition? - Stack Overflow)

So for a while I thought animation would not be possible at Android, but of course there are many apps released which use animation. (e.g. Angry Birds)

Now my question is:
How can I animate my ImageViews (or other ways of drawing) so they don't become unstable?

Thanks in advance,
Zinned

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones