• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anker battery for Htc Sensation

Sure have.

I found battery issues after upgrading to 2.3.4.

I therefore bought one and I have to say it is giving me at least 20% extra on the day with fairly heavy usage.

I have had it a week so far and now the phone sits with all syncro and options on, and from a full charge before bed, in the morning, it wakes up with over 95% still on the clock, whilst on the old battery it was around 73%.

I am well pleased.

It has no size issues in the case and charging is no problem also.

Reactions: tankdnlv
Upvote 0
Ok, after 4 full charge and discharge cycles I can confirm i'm getting roughly 20% extra battery life compared to the htc battery. The phone also feels cooler in circumstances where the htc battery was getting quite hot.

Cheers

Im on my 3rd full charge since getting the Anker battery and have noticed a big improvement (1st and 2nd charges were pants) :mad: Can I ask you if you use the battery booster temperature application, and if so, can you confirm that the temp gauge is stuck @ 25 degrees? as mine is:eek:

Upvote 0
I use the HTC battery widget which reports the temperature and I can confirm that with 3rd party batteries it doesnt report the correct temperature. My Anker battery always reports 25c.

Going by how hot the back of the phone feels compared to the stock HTC battery, I would estimate the Anker battery doesnt get any hotter than 37/38c (it feels roughly as hot as the stock battery did at this temp at most) for me, compared to the stock HTC battery hitting a max of 46c on my sensation.

So yes the phone runs cooler with the Anker battery, but no there's no way to read the exact correct temp as far as I know.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I use the HTC battery widget which reports the temperature and I can confirm that with 3rd party batteries it doesnt report the correct temperature. My Anker battery always reports 25c.

Going by how hot the back of the phone feels compared to the stock HTC battery, I would estimate the Anker battery doesnt get any hotter than 37/38c (it feels roughly as hot as the stock battery did at this temp at most) for me, compared to the stock HTC battery hitting a max of 46c on my sensation.

So yes the phone runs cooler with the Anker battery, but no there's no way to read the exact correct temp as far as I know.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply, thought I was going mad:eek: Just got an Anker battery for my wife's DHD, and it's the same story with the temperature widget:mad:

Upvote 0
Purchased Anker 1900mah for a bargain price of $14.99 on Ebay via a USA seller. My general daily usage of Sensation has remained the same (medium to heavy use). Installed the battery over a week ago and have charged it daily. Significant improvement (2-3 hours) longer run time in comparison to stock HTC battery. Also Anker battery runs a lot cooler whilst charging and in hand. HTC stock battery is not worthy! Very pleased with Anker battery for Sensation.

Upvote 0
It's a complete no brainer, getting this battery is a must. I usually use my phone very little during the day. Some browsing, a couple of texts, a look on Google Maps, and maybe a call and its still at 100%, maybe 99% when I get home from work @5pm. Then I use the phone alot during the evening, and by bedtime its down to 65-70%.
With the stock battery it would be down to 85-90% by lunchtim:)e. What else can I say! ;)

Upvote 0
guys i bought my new sensation few days ago , the battery is discharging after 6 hours only , i only check the time every 5-10 minutes , and immediately close the screen afterwards , this is unbearable.

You should get more than that out of your stock battery. The Anker battery will give you better performance, but not that much better. What have you got working or syncing in the background?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones