1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Ann: Great Little War Game coming soon

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RubiconDude, Jul 10, 2011.

1. RubiconDude

RubiconDude Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. We're putting the finishing touches to our first ever Android release - Great Little War Game.

GLWG is a 3D turn-based strategy game in a similar vein to Advance Wars and the like.

Already released on iOS (yeah, I know - booo :) ) it has been a big hit there and hopefully my new found Android friends will love it also.

Now we have our tech sorted out, all our future Android games will get rolled out at the same time as other formats.

We'll be looking for some Beta testers pretty shortly if anyone is interested in that.

[​IMG]

All comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. mercurio2682

mercurio2682 Lurker

Hi, i have seen your game in my girlfriend

RubiconDude likes this.
  3. RubiconDude

Thanks, and I'm glad to hear your GF's got it already. :)

If you (and anybody else) could mail support@greatlittlewargame.com with your device details, I'll get a list going.

4. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert

That game looks awesome! I'd be happy to test as well.

5. Clipp

Clipp Member

looks quite fun, and thanks for bringing it over to the better platform =)

6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

I LOOOVE Advance Wars - I still play it today on my Android phone via emulators! Please sign me up for beta testing!

(I've emailed you)

7. Vanquished

RubiconDude likes this.
  8. RubiconDude

Thanks for snagging the pics! :)

There are achievements, yes. And they will use openFeint - we're working quite closely with those guys and they're been uber helpful.

No leaderboards though, as the scoring method isn't granular enough to make them meaningful.

ogrenator and Vanquished like this.
  9. Vanquished

The achievements are more important than high scores anyway. :p

10. Vanquished

How are you porting it over to Android? Using your own engine or something else like Unity3D? Unity3D is struggling to play nice with the new Adreno 220 in the EVO 3D and Sensation... :(

11. RubiconDude

It's our engine, sort of like Unity only all our own work. It already runs on a bunch of platforms and there's almost one more... :)

We've been a commercial "trade house" for many years, working for other devs and publishers doing smaller originals and ports. GLWG is our first real attempt at going the indie route and touch wood it seems to be working out so far.

Thanks for the heads up on those phones, will make sure to get it tested on them

Vanquished likes this.
  12. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast

I would love to help you beta test the game, if there's going to be Honeycomb support?

Game looks very polished, I can't wait to play this!

RubiconDude likes this.
  13. Merlin1

Merlin1 Member

Looks like a great game. Really liking the graphics. I would also be willing to be a beta tester.

RubiconDude likes this.
  14. RubiconDude

We intend to support everything reasonable - it's really down to the device's power. This is a fairly graphics intense 3D game so older devices doubtless won't work. Where the cut-off is, we're going to have to find out shortly.

15. Zigram

Zigram Newbie

I would certainly do some beta testing for you as well. I am curious if this will have a multiplayer versus mode online or something similar? My friend and I used to play the crap out of advance wars and this looks to be just the ticket! Graphics look great!

RubiconDude likes this.
  16. RubiconDude

Nice one! :)

Alongside the main campaign mode there is pass & play multiplayer plus skirmish mode vs the AI.

We are planning asynchronous online multiplayer but it won't ship with it. It'll either be a patch later on or come in with a sequel, depending on what else we're bundling in. (We're mainly waiting on openFeint to make a server available)

There's already a shitload of content though - should keep genre lovers happy for quite a while.

One thing you can take to the bank is that all of us are working permanently and full time to keep enhancing the game/brand with future updates and stuff.

No_u, Vanquished and Zigram like this.
  17. Zigram

Zigram Newbie

Awesome, all that sounds very promising for sure! Looking forward to the release with great anticipation :D Keep me in mind for beta, would love to try some of the pass and play multiplayer and check out some of the functionality. I was looking at some of the information you have on your iphone version, I like that you have a best looking or fastest display mode. Will that be similar on android as well?

18. RubiconDude

I think it's even more required on Android tbh so we'll probably expand it to have a few more intermediate settings.

We're already finding that the quality of the 3D drivers is somewhat random, with some notionally poorer phones performing better than better ones etc.

19. RubiconDude

Um, this is a bit embarassing but can anyone who wants to beta test please send your details again to support@greatlittlewargame.com please?

We recently had some "issues" with MS Exchange after a server upgrade and lost all recent mails I had stored in folders. :(

We're still taking fresh people btw, so please feel free to sign up. We're about one to two weeks away from having an early beta, couple more at most for a full roll out.

Thanks!

20. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Android Enthusiast

Wow looks fantastic - just sent an email (hope you're still accepting fresh testers)

21. supermanlegend

supermanlegend Android Enthusiast

Saw this on my ipod looked amazing. Being that I'm an android lover and have limited funds I don't buy many ios games, but I'm definitely buying for my Evo 3D. Thanks for coming to android. Also, sent email to beta test.

22. RubiconDude

Thanks guys, keep it coming :)

23. RubiconDude

Time's running out for Beta testers - hopefully we should get something out by next weekend.

24. Paste

Paste Newbie

Wouldn't mind testing on my Evo 3d...
    I like a good strategy game

25. tyton

tyton Lurker

Can't wait to get my hands on this and start testing it!!