• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ann: Great Little War Game coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer it via email please.

A big discussion of all the things wrong with the game is something I could do without once it's all fixed and the game ships tbh. :)

/me considers himself told off :)

Don't worry - will email from now on as well. Although - I think your honesty and quick responses on here is far more important - the brilliance of your game will shine through no matter what we discuss in this thread.

Once you release the game - you can create a new thread on here with images, videos etc - so this thread can die.

Upvote 0
I must concur with Matt about the ads. They appear on the bottom of the screen and almost fully cover the button when you are trying to create new troops.
I noticed someone else in this forum has already commented about the controls being a bit fiddly when selecting units. Although i havnt found this a huge issue, have you looked into adding a "pinch to zoom" feature. It would certainly add a new dimension to the game and help those with smaller screens on their mobiles.
Really enjoying the game. Cant wait for the first update :)

Agree with Matt too. Having the discussion on here allows people to see your responses. Its refreshing to get feedback so fast and frequent - something that doesnt happen enough these days.

Upvote 0
Looks like I'm resigned to it regardless, lol :)

Pinch to zoom is already in, but I it's on a define that only works on iOS and is a blatant overlook on our part, as is the quit button. (You can rotate the map by swirling two fingers also)

The camera starting too high is an easy fix.

The adverts we need to think about some more. We're new to ad-supported games and are still working out the kinks.

Upvote 0
Pinch zooming would be a great way to fix the sometimes fiddly unit/space selection.

Agree with the others - it won't harm your reputation at all discussing issues here in the forums, if anything it helps your reputation because we can see a responsive dev who cares about their product, also we all understand its a beta - nobody is going to hold problems in a beta against you.

Upvote 0
The game sounds superb, but whenever I try to play no matter what I have the settings at the screen is really dark and unplayable :(. This is when playing on the Droid 3

Same on Droid X. I took a screenshot using Drocap2 and e-mailed it to Paul. Wish I had more time to figure out the game play. I'm at work and everytime my boss walks by I have my phone in my hand goofing off :eek:

Upvote 0
If you or anyone else here is Jeff Mayer, this is the reason you think I'm not getting back to you... (I blocked the IP numbers)

It's my IP address, but we have no open relays or anything so god knows why this is happening!

att.net gave this error:
A.B.C.D blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net. DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse. See AT&T

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones