• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ann: Great Little War Game coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't commented on it because others have mentioned the few things I've noticed that were wrong. It's a beta, not a review. So I was trying to find problems. Everything is running flawlessly on my Evo 3D. Never attempted it on my Droid X after seeing so many others having issues with it. The game seems a little choppy on my Acer Iconia A500, but it's probably because the game is made for phones and not optimized for tablets. Still runs well, though. Just doesn't look as good as when it's on my phone.

Upvote 0
Well i just downloaded and install "Beta 3"

I played a skirmish game real quick and the gameplay was flawless so far on my Rooted Droid X. I running Apex 1.41 rom. I'm running the game on Ultra settings and gameplay is butter smooth. I can't see any difference between high and ultra but it runs great. Once i closed the game and tryed starting it again it would show me the "welcome to GLWG" to check in and then went black. if i touch the screen then it makes a drum sound like the game is running but nothing happens it stayed black. rebooting my phone let it start again.

Since rebooting the phone it has worked perfectly. I'm loving this game. This game kicks the crud out of advance wars! I love the animations and the humor!

Reactions: RubiconDude
Upvote 0
Once i closed the game and tryed starting it again it would show me the "welcome to GLWG" to check in and then went black. if i touch the screen then it makes a drum sound like the game is running but nothing happens it stayed black. rebooting my phone let it start again.
This might be a quick lash-up of the heyzap thing we squeezed in late this afternoon. :s

Upvote 0
while(!life){troll();}

Oops, I seem to have dropped my ban hammer...... :D

Apologies for the interruption. That was Jakarta, a.k.a. lolDildoHills, Cloneception and another eight sockpuppet accounts. He's a sad and luckily for us not very bright individual who gets his jollies by trolling this forum. If he crawls back out from under his bridge again be sure to "Report" his post(s) and one of us will give him more of the attention he obviously craves. ;)

Reactions: RubiconDude
Upvote 0
Just dowloaded the latest beta and played a few rounds. Am running this on my Galaxy tab 7". Overall it ran good but noticed a few items.

1. Frame rates occassionally slow down quite a bit. Seems to even freeze for a brief second or two then resumes. Not a show stopper but definitely not as smooth as on my wifes ipad. ( Bought it right after playing initial demo on android - great game!)

2. Can't exit the game. No exit option and repeated key presses of back button does nothing. Had to use home key and the kill via task manager.

3. Text appear to be slightly blurry. Could just be my eyes but definitively not as crispt as on other apps on my tab.

4. Forced closed on me once but was able to relaunch and resume game in progress; however it backed up to previous round that had already completed (was ok as it played out in my favor :)

5. Complains about checking internet connection. I had my wifi shut off. I guess it must be polling for connection during gameplay? Why?

6. Going back to home and attempting to activate my wifi while keeping the game running gave me an error. I could not activate my wifi till I terminated the game.

Regardless of items mentioned above i still think this beta is working much better than previous beta. Will continue to test

Upvote 0
Playing GLWG a lot since Friday. First off it took 3 times to dl, I had to set up my new wifi for it to donno correctly. Once connected it took a couple minutes.
So far I am loving it! ...esp the "cheat" option ...hahaha! I did notice, like someone earlier said, there is no way to "save & exit" type thing. I don't mind that though. Hit the home button and go. Battery never got hot for me, never lagged and I have sounds and all on high and the graphics are high also. I just love this thing.

One small thing I did notice with Snipers is when I place them in certain spots, sometimes right next to a bad guy, I can't get my sniper to shoot him. He'll be facing away from the target and when I tap him to shoot..nothing happens.

Btw Droid x2 here. Loving it! Good work fellas!

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is a glitch or intentional...

When your units get experience they go up to 1 chevron - when they next go up it goes straight away to 3 chevrons (like a sergeant).

Is that intentional?

All looking good on the 3rd beta - no crashes or anything - but loading still takes an age on my SGS2 (and back of the phone gets so hot)

In terms of gameplay - still my favourite game on android at the mo. It reminds me a lot of Toy Soldiers on XBLA

Upvote 0
well after exclusively playing this all weekend for some 15 hours at least the only problems i've had are random closing. This happens maybe once every 2 hours or so. It will crash to home screen and then i just start the game again and it begins right where i left off. No biggy. Otherwise runs great and plays great and is great!

How are you looking for the full release?

Upvote 0
Sounds like a memory leak, we've not test for that lately. Release depends on how well the next beta goes tbh. This is taking a bit longer than we'd hoped (and we were being pessimistic to begin with)

The range on the sniper is correct. Most units have a minium of 1 meaning "right next to me" whereas the bomber has a range of 0, meaning "literally on top of me"

We're getting there. sloooowly.

Upvote 0
Take your time. I'm on mission 10 and have beaten the skirmish maps so maybe you could ad.........two more skirmish maps on the next beta? LOL :):):) You're doing amazing job. This game is so much fun!

Fyi it probably doesn't matter much but so you know i've noticed that i'm averaging about 12fps on most maps in ultra settings on my Droid X which is actually totally playable. On High i'm getting around 15fps. Although I love the water reflections i play at medium because it jumps the frame rate up to 20-25fps and nothing else really changes graphically. I'm telling you this just as a performance stand point. Maybe it can help you optimize better for others. Reguardless of what my cpu overclock is whether it's 1.3ghz 1.25ghz or 1.0ghz the average frame rate doesn't increase no matter how many units are on the screen which tells me its a gpu bottlenec but maybe some performance can be gained if you have an idea of what my device and others like mine are getting from this game.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a memory leak, we've not test for that lately. Release depends on how well the next beta goes tbh. This is taking a bit longer than we'd hoped (and we were being pessimistic to begin with)

The range on the sniper is correct. Most units have a minium of 1 meaning "right next to me" whereas the bomber has a range of 0, meaning "literally on top of me"

We're getting there. sloooowly.

I suppose at this point in time there's no more need for more beta testers? On an SGS2 here currently.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones