• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Announcing Pocket Legends for Android!

I gave the game a good go after working out, and for near 30 minutes straight i was in gaming heaven on my Evo. Very surprised on the amount of detail done with this game. There were near 30 ppl on my screen while I was in town and the game still ran skooth even while people were performing 'power ups' and such in the environment. Great game modes and good customization. Going to take up some of my time at work tomorrow at work fa sho.

Upvote 0
this game is working fantastic on my droid 1 rooted and overclocked to 1.3ghz!!! no lag perfectly smooth im pretty damn impressed to say the least though i am gonna replace my droid pretty soon i think as soon as the next kick ass android comes out on verizon!

the only issue im having is simply exiting the game completely it comes up with the option asking if i want to leave the app and i press continue and it doesnt do anything... simple fix by pressing home key but still kinda funny.

Upvote 0
Tested this out for the heck of it. Fun so far, although only in the first real dungeon. Most of it is polished, but parts of it do feel rather beta. Mostly with text input, and hitting the Back key sometimes yields unexpected results.

Using a Samsung Fascinate running 2.1, OCed to 1.2GHz (it did feel warm after a while, but nothing big) with Voodoo. I will say it takes a chunk outta your battery (alright, the OCing doesn't help) but it's a 3D MMO, so not exactly something you can complain about.

Upvote 0
Using a Samsung Fascinate running 2.1, OCed to 1.2GHz (it did feel warm after a while, but nothing big) with Voodoo. I will say it takes a chunk outta your battery (alright, the OCing doesn't help) but it's a 3D MMO, so not exactly something you can complain about.
I think it's pretty pointless to overclock a Galaxy S. There's almost no reason. Phone is pretty fast as is.... and that is likely why you are experiencing more heat. Game will push the processor constantly.

The game does eat more battery than other games I've played... but I've never played a game that constantly used the internet either.

Upvote 0
I think it's pretty pointless to overclock a Galaxy S. There's almost no reason. Phone is pretty fast as is.... and that is likely why you are experiencing more heat. Game will push the processor constantly.

Oh, I'm sure the heat is because of that, lol. And yeah, the processor is great to begin with, it's mostly a just-because-I-can thing. Although it does run a bit snappier, and is a slightly lower voltage than the stock kernel. I may tone it back to 1GHz while playing PL, though.

Upvote 0
Question: how do I get to later chapters in a zone? Do you have to mosh all the way through from the beginning again? I don't have a quest to 'warp' to, and need to get to Chapter 11 in the first zone.

Am I simply overlooking something?

Found the easiest way for me is to go back to the world select screen and just find a game in that zone. or host one in that zone. but there are some little warps around the towns i found. But they dont let you pick exactly where.

Reactions: droidberg
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if you buy maps and install a new ROM do you have to rebuy the maps? Or is access to the maps associated with your account on the server side?

I reported the problem with closing out of the app to the devs, they replied to say its already fixed in the next beta version they are currently working on.

This is really nice on the Galaxy S with TV-Out and a bluetooth mouse BTW.

Nice I was going to report that too. It's really the only bug I've noticed so far.

Upvote 0
Quite possibly the best game I've played on my N1 since Robo Defense.
Anyone know how much the finished version will cost or what else may be included in it?

Free to play up until level 18. The game is finished, its only a beta because they haven't tested on Android devices. Its been out for the iPhone since April or so. They update the game on average, every other day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones