• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoyances

uzetaab

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2010
Brisbane Australia
There are only a few things that bother me about my new watch.

The first is that the vibration motor is not as strong as it could be. My last watch was the Sony Smartwatch 2, and the motor in that felt stronger to me. Although I did have it in a metal band, and the rubber band could be absorbing vibrations. I wont know for sure until Sony release a mettal band for the Smartwatch 3.

The second is that the screen turns on when I dont want it to. It has a button, so I want to turn off the tap to wake and "look at watch" gesture. Although, that is of course Google's fault and the button itself is not super responsive. The problem though is that the tap fulse triggers when I do something like cross my arms. And the gesture false triggers when I put my hand on my pillow when I am trying to sleep.

They could at least make the tap to wake a double tap, that would help, but it's still a waste of battery life powering the touch sensor to monitor for taps when there is a button that you only actually use to turn the phone on.

The only other thing that bothers me, and only a little is how awkward plugging in the charging cable is. It seems to me that they could have spent a little more design time on that and made it easier to move out of the way. For those of you who are reading this and have not bought it yet, I've seen some cases of the cover getting bent which cant be good for the waterproofing, so be very careful when you open the cover, especially the first time.

Oh, and they could have made the USB port a data port so that music can be transferred faster than over bluetooth.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest, tomorrow I will make a post about the things I like about my SW3, it will be a much bigger post, because I am really happy with it and think it is the best watch on the market.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones