1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Annoyed by Swype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vihzel, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    When the public beta came up not too long ago, I decided to try Swype again. I remembered why I uninstalled in the first place... It keeps making the wrong words. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but the accuracy of what I want to say is painstakingly bad. After I finish something, I find myself having to go back and correct like 1 to 3 words per sentence.

Is anyone else having this issue? Its especially difficult when writing words that have the same or extremely similar path of another word.

From this post, I've had to correct around 12 words. Some of them minor, others would change the meaning or be all like "wth?" Worst ones are post changed to ps3 and meaning changed to nanjing.

I report back to using the qwerty because of the great auto correct by HTC.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    When that happens I slow down and it's usually good.

3. Crystian91

Crystian91 Lurker

Jun 8, 2010
    i think its great i nvr mess up anymore and had it for 2 days =)

4. jdella681

jdella681 Newbie

Oct 31, 2009
    you can also adjust the "speed vs. accuracy" setting if you're having problems with the words it gives. It helped me lots because I noticed that for some reason I was correcting misspelled words and after making the adjustment it's been much better. hope that helps

5. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Same as the person above me, on the default setting it was getting everything I typed wrong, but when I changed it to more accuracy then speed it hardly ever is wrong.